It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dyslexia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
(female)

hebrew HB User
Dyslexia what has worked for you child

My twelve year old son has many problems and is many years behind his learning age, alot to do with his adhd, and tourettes, but a lot because he used to see words move around on the black board, he would always loose his place when looking up at the board and then back to his paper. He has a scriber in every class at the moment, his writing is realy bad, it slopes down the page, he manages to get about six sentences per page, their is usually no full stops or even spaces between his words. I have always known he has dyslexia, but school always pushes you away and gives excuses. Lack of money i know. He is statmented at school and gets hes work down but i think what is the point of it being copied down for him, he never reads it after, his T.A never reads it, he is not gaining anything from these lessons. Is their any good computer programs that might benifit him. Any suggestions of any help that may of benifited yourself or your child, i need a starting ground to build on for him.

Closed Thread