It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dyslexia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
(female)

tawnytise HB User
long road ahead

My son is 9. He is a happy boy most of the time until you mention homework, and then he falls apart. My son has struggled throughout is elementary career, and this shows no sign of easing any time soon. Let me back up.....when Cole was 4 he was left handed...then one morning he woke up and decided he was right handed. To this day he still forms letters like a left handed person would and his handwriting is horrible. Cole has problems forming proper sentences as well as making up words that don't exactly exist and including them in his vocabulary(example: tomorning= tomorrow morning, lastmorrow= yesterday, etc). He has been in speech therapy for 2 years and has made leaps and bounds progress, but still has sequencing problems and mistakes his "b" and "d" letters for one another. Cole also has a stutter when he reads ( umm....umm).Test days usually result in a phone call to myself from the teacher saying he is in the bathroom ill from anxiety. I am completely overwhelmed and unsure of where to go next for help. The school district has suggested Dyslexia testing, but I am unsure if Cole meets the criteria. In some ways I agree, but in others I am not sure that is exactly what he has. Any input would be appreciated...and thanks for listening.

Closed Thread