It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dysphagia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2003, 05:20 PM   #1

Delta HB User
Whats going on?

I feel dizzy, i have trouble sleeping, i get headaches all of the time, the breathes i take feel so light, sometimes when i am trying to fall asleep i feel like my heart is beating so faint. Any ideas?

Old 12-25-2003, 06:33 PM   #2

bassie HB User
Re: Whats going on?

Hi Delta

It sounds a bit like plain anxiety (I am not dismissing it!!). It happens to almost everyone from time to time.
Sometimes for some reason one just does not feel so well and then one thing after another comes into focus or awareness.
It's probably good to start with a general plan:
Get a reasonably priced vitamin and mineral suplement. (You do not have to pay heaps for them). Make sure you have 3 meals a day with "2 fruits and 3 veg serves" principle. A 'serve' is only half a cup so generally quite manageable. Drink extra water.
Go for a walks/swims (whatever) and from time to time focus on deep breathing while you execise. The rest of the time forget about your breathing. You will not stop. When you realise that you don't need to be concerned about that, it will just drift out of focus.
Same applies to your heart. Don't bother concentrating on it. Turn on a radio or listen to a book on tape to help you drift off to sleep.
Make sure your bed is comfortable. Not too hot. Have a " warm milo" before bed and avoid coffee and any other drinks with caffeine.
Best wishes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2003, 06:52 PM   #3
Hi_its_Joe

Hello

I would tend to agree with Bassie based on the symptoms you describe. How long have your symptoms existed, how often do they occur and when do they occur?. Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) and Panic Attacks often present with breathing difficulties such as hyperventilation, feeling like one is unable to "catch" thier breath or take a full breath, insomnia, generalized (non-specific) aches and pains, fatigue, hot flashes, swallowing disorders (dysphagia), gastric disturbances (dispepsia) and a number of other possible symptoms but is really quite harmless (although it can be a bit frightening at times because of th bizarre symptoms).

You might want to discuss this possability with your doctor. A number of medications such as Buspar, Xanax and some SSRI's are available to help people with anxiety live normal and happy lives. Most importantly, pay attention to how long your symptoms last and wether or not they become more severe and any new symptoms that show up and keep us posted!

Good luck

Last edited by Hi_its_Joe; 12-25-2003 at 06:56 PM.

Old 12-25-2003, 08:24 PM   #4

Delta HB User

it started with being dizzy all of the time and now the other symptoms are starting to come along.

Old 12-25-2003, 09:17 PM   #5
Hi_its_Joe

Are you taking any medications and what kinds?. How long have you been taking them?. Also, do you have any sinus problems or allergies?. These could be contributing factors.

Old 12-26-2003, 09:17 AM   #6

Delta HB User

i do have sinus problems, i have had them since i was very very young but have never felt like this before. I dont think that i have any allegies.

Closed Thread