It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dysphagia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2004, 03:52 PM   #1

Dropspot39 HB User
Unhappy esophagus discomfort...

Hey people,

two days ago I made out with my girlfriend and then came home, ate a steak for dinner and my problem started. I can't really describe what it was like initally but right now at this moment if feels like I have a big burb built up in my chest and I can't get it out. It hurts. After lunch today it felt like something was stuck in my esophagus and like every minute or so it would try to push the food (or whatever it was) down and it wouldn't go, this resulted in great discomfort and pain.

Last night I tried baking soda as an antiacid, drunk water after lunch when the pain got worse than it was before, and when I got home today I tried two TUMS tablets... still no reliefe

I am going to the grocery store, I'll get some Mylanta or some Peptobismal (sp) and see if those can't help me. But I want this to go away

- Feels like a "burp" or large bubble of gas is stuck in my lower esophagus
- Mild discomfort ranging to pain when I swallow
- Have let out burbs since then thanks for patting my chest and taking the bakingsoda but still my problem presists.

I have some mylanta I am going to take some before I leave for a walk.. Hope to hear from you guys when I return. Thanks!

Old 03-19-2004, 04:53 PM   #2
(female)

maggiecttr HB User
Re: esophagus discomfort...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspot39
Hey people,

- Feels like a "burp" or large bubble of gas is stuck in my lower esophagus
- Mild discomfort ranging to pain when I swallow
- Have let out burbs since then thanks for patting my chest and taking the bakingsoda but still my problem presists.

I have some mylanta I am going to take some before I leave for a walk.. Hope to hear from you guys when I return. Thanks!
The large burp stuck in your lower esophagus sounds like what I sometimes get withthe "burbles"--but I don't get the swallowing discomfort (dysphagia). Maybe you have part burbles (we describe them here as a feeling of flutters or vibrations in the esophagus, sometimes in conjunction with lots of gas & stomach/intestine noises) & part dysphagia. Or you may be having esophageal spasms. Find a good gastroenterologist & let us know what he/she advisees! My upper endoscopy revealed nothing out of the ordinary, so I'm just trying natual remedies & diet modifications--and lots of prayer! Good luck to you!
Maggie C.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread