It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dysphagia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
(female)

CHALUPA HB User
throat locking

This is now something new on top of everything else. For the past few weeks sometimes my throat locks i feel like i can't breath, can't swallow it is very scary. Then i get chills all over my body but i guess that is from my nerves from what happened. I was standing in line in a sandwich store with my 6 year old and it happened. I couldn't talk and the man was just looking at me. I couldn't do anything it was very scary. Why is this happening now. Last night I was scared to eat that it was going to happen. It isn't always when i am eating. Shouldn't the meds be making the breathing and eerything else better not brnging more things on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Vanessa74 HB User
Re: throat locking

I am so sorry for how bad you are suffering - you are on my daily prayer list. Still NO relief for you??? That is so awful.

With the throat locking - where in your throat do you feel it? Is it painful? How long does it last?

I hope and pray you find relief SOON....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
(female)

CHALUPA HB User

Thank you so much. It is my whole throat. I am not sure why I don't even have to be eating anything.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #4
(female)

packerbacker04 HB User

I pray for you too Chalupa, that you will not be having this symptom again. It sounds very scary. Did you really stop breathing? Could it have been a panic attack of some sort?

Old 01-21-2008, 11:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User

Chapula,

This is not normal for GERD or LPR. You may feel that your throat is locking up but if it is, then it's something else besides GERD (which, I've thought all along with your symptoms) Have they mentioned the word that starts with an A? Can't remember how to spell it but it's like anaclaysia or something like that. Spasms of the trachea and esphogus can make you feel this way also. I've always been comforted by the fact that gastro spec says GERD can't kill you. Never said LPR can't because I don' think they know. I'm having doubts about both now. My quality of life sucks after 10 yrs of dealing with this and I can't imagine someone as young as you with children having to go through this. I pray for you too and hope they find a better diagnose than GERD, which I'm afraid is becoming a scape goat for busy Dr's.

Charla

Old 01-24-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
(female)

aleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB User

When I'm at my worst with GERD I have major trouble swallowing(dysphagia). I believe it's because of damage to my esophagus from the acid which causes my esophagus to have spasms. My food has been stuck for up to two days without water being able to get down! I'm usually hospitalized with a I.V. until I get an upper GI. At this point I'm very fearful of not being able to breathe! I don't know if this is what you experience but it is a frightening experience!

Right now I'm very hoarse with ear pain and chest pain because I made chilli for my family and I tasted it only to see if it was seasoned right! I pray that they find a cure for this disorder. I pray that you feel better soon Chalupa!

Aleet7

Closed Thread