It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dysphagia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 07:45 AM   #1
(female)

elsajo HB Userelsajo HB User
dysphagia came back

Hi. I was struggling with Dysphagia all the way through last year and by result ended up severely ill. I then was given omeprzole 20mg from my G.P. and they seemed to work well considering. I am still taking them but the Dysphagia is coming back I have tried other meds PPIs etc in the past but they seem to cause more problems i.e bile overflow etc. I am now feeling a little bit low in mood wondering when this is going to end but this is because i want to eat certain foods which i enjoy as it doesnt taste same from blender.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
(male)

s cooper HB User
Re: dysphagia came back

Hi,elsajo.I had trouble swallowing solid food Sept last year (2010).I still have trouble but is improving.My Disphagia was just one of the symptoms of Polymyositis,which is a rare blood disease where your immune system attacks your muscles.It took me until Feb this year to find out what was causing my loss of weight and upper & lower body wasting.Thankfully my upper body is coming back to what it was early days,but my thigh muscles have a long way to go & I cannot get of a normal height chair without using my arms to help.I hope your disphagia is just that & not a Polymyositis symptom. Good luck,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2011, 02:05 AM   #3
(female)

elsajo HB Userelsajo HB User
Re: dysphagia came back

hi, i have read up on your illness and it sounds nasty. some of my symptoms sound the same i will be getting this checked out by the dr thankyou

Closed Thread