It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dysphagia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
(female)

Friday33 HB User
Red face Swallowing and throat tightening is driving me crazy

Hello Everybody,
Wow am i happy to find this website and find so much helpful info from people with same problems. I wanted to start a new thread because I am new to this and also I couldn't seem to find recent conversations on this very scary symptom. If anybody would have any tips on how to deal with this problem I would really appreciate it. So here goes I guess...
I have been diagnosed with R+R MS two months ago, I have been going through alot of symptoms but have been experiencing this scary feeling in my throat and tongue for 6 months. I am not currently taking any medications yet except for tylenol sometimes. When it comes to eating, it feels like everything is getting stuck and I choke on my food. My tongue feels like it is not listening to my brain and swallows or does not swallow when I want it to. This feeling is also happening even when I am not eating. My tongue doesen't listen, feels swollen and it feels like my throat is closing. It gets to the point where I sit with the phone deciding if I should call 911 before it closes totally.
If this wasnt scaring me enough, as of a week ago I have this weird feeling that I have a lump in the right side of my neck. I have had numerous tests and scopes done showing nothing wrong except the MS brain lesions.
If there is anyone who could help me with this it would be great

Thanks ahead of time,
Friday33

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Re: Swallowing and throat tightening is driving me crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday33 View Post
Hello Everybody,
Wow am i happy to find this website and find so much helpful info from people with same problems. I wanted to start a new thread because I am new to this and also I couldn't seem to find recent conversations on this very scary symptom. If anybody would have any tips on how to deal with this problem I would really appreciate it. So here goes I guess...
I have been diagnosed with R+R MS two months ago, I have been going through alot of symptoms but have been experiencing this scary feeling in my throat and tongue for 6 months. I am not currently taking any medications yet except for tylenol sometimes. When it comes to eating, it feels like everything is getting stuck and I choke on my food. My tongue feels like it is not listening to my brain and swallows or does not swallow when I want it to. This feeling is also happening even when I am not eating. My tongue doesen't listen, feels swollen and it feels like my throat is closing. It gets to the point where I sit with the phone deciding if I should call 911 before it closes totally.
If this wasnt scaring me enough, as of a week ago I have this weird feeling that I have a lump in the right side of my neck. I have had numerous tests and scopes done showing nothing wrong except the MS brain lesions.

Thanks ahead of time,
Friday33
I have similar problem with multiple other problems,I can swallow but I seem to swallow before its chewed enough, and my throat feels like its tightning. Also it feels like its sucking to back of throat. I get this mucus and I can't seem to swallow it and when I try to cough it out it comes up a little but then reflexes seem to suckit back in. Then I feel a choking sensation. Do you have this problem. My tonge also seems to be pressing to the roof of my mouth. And I feel like there is a ballon in my mouth. I also have severe constipation problems and feels like its pushing on my diaphram making it difficult to take deep breaths.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday33 View Post
Hello Everybody,

Thanks ahead of time,
Friday33

Old 05-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User

Friday find any answers to your problem? And anybody else can you help me with mind hard to swallow and can't cough up plem?

Reply Reply