It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2002, 10:33 AM   #1

sweetwawa HB User
Thumbs up ear it comes

i have a blocked ear probably from wax.
i am using debrox over the counter 2 days now.
i was in hospital for a week where they stuck a thermometer in my ear daily.
why won't the wax come out yet?wil it on its own?
my ear also blocked up after using the peroxide and debrox.

Old 11-20-2002, 02:58 PM   #2
(male)

Kiltee HB User
Have you had them syringed by a doctor yet? Don't worry about this scary-sounding procedure; it's actually rather pleasant! You'll get a gentle jet of warm water put into your ear, which loosens and flushes out the stubborn wax.

If you haven't had that yet, it's maybe worth a try. I had it done a few years ago after suffering from a similar problem, and it worked a treat, whereas stuff like Otex had made no impact whatsoever (except on my wallet, that is).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2002, 10:38 PM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
The first thing you need to so is have your ears examined by the doc to make certain that wax is what is causing your problem. It could very well be fluid in the ear or just plain congestion. Debrox mearly softens hardened wax so it is easier to flush out. See the doc and get this checked out.

Old 11-21-2002, 02:21 PM   #4
(female)

mikesgirl HB User
it definitely sounds like you should get it looked at...I have the same problem frequently and I have learned to flush my ear out myself. I would not recommend this though unless you know what you're doing...good luck, I know its a yucky feeling.

------------------
No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

Old 11-21-2002, 03:16 PM   #5

sweetwawa HB User
when i put debrox in i went deaf for 10 minutes then it cleared so i'm assuming something is being melted or something is happenieng

Old 11-21-2002, 10:37 PM   #6
Inactive

mlgable HB User
All debrox is is a softening agent to soften hardened wax so that it can be flushed out easier. You will still need to get your ears checked out by the doc and flushed if needed. Debrox will not make the wax come out although if it gets soft enough it may come out on it's own. Since you were having definate problems you need to go in and get this taken care of.

Old 11-22-2002, 12:07 PM   #7

mfry32 HB User
My daughter had the same problem. I took her to our regular doctor who advised me to take her to an ear, nose, and throat doctor. He fixed her right up.

Old 11-23-2002, 10:04 AM   #8
(male)

YoungLife HB User
yeah, I had that happen to me alot. All it took was a trip to the doctor and they flushed it out with a syringe. Feels good too.

Old 11-29-2002, 01:44 PM   #9

sweetwawa HB User
well i used the debrox egen,and again i lost my hearing .
now it is opening and closing since i used only 3 drops of it.
it was beginning to feel better after the 4 days of use.
then i tried it egen and lost all hearing for an hour and panicked

now it is opening and closing for a half hour

Old 11-29-2002, 03:11 PM   #10

gem2000 HB User
look on the bright side, at least you won't have to listen to your neighbours!
Seriously, the loss of hearing is probably just due to the wax unblocking slowly. It should only be temporary, although your ears may feel a little bit worse at first until it all clears out. If not, call your pharmacist or doctor and I am sure they can help.
The other posters are right though about having a doctor flush out your ears if you really want to clear the problem up.

[This message has been edited by gem2000 (edited 11-29-2002).]

Old 11-29-2002, 03:14 PM   #11

sweetwawa HB User
some more of the "blackish" coloured wax came out just now wen i put finger a bit in.

it was very fluid like after i used debrox,and my hearing is restored.
i feel better.

Old 11-29-2002, 05:33 PM   #12
Inactive

mlgable HB User
You need to see the doc. If the wax coming out was blackish that indicates there was probably some bleeding at one time or another. You also need yours ears checked to be sure all the wax is out etc and there is no damage from wherever the bleeding was coming from. You seem to be avoiding the doc for some reason and by self treating you could be doing more damage. SEE THE DOC AND GET THIS CHECKED. I have already lost way to much hearing due to problems they couldn't help medically so take care of the hearing you do have.

Closed Thread