It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2006, 02:53 AM   #1
(female)

islander81 HB User
popping/ weird sound in ears

hi! i have a question. i was at work last night when all of a sudden i felt a pressure in my ears. then i noticed that when i was talking, my voice kinda sounded amplified and i dont think it was just my own hearing amplified.. i think it actually SOUNDED weird. (i got weird looks) i dont know what it was. i couldnt make it go away. and then when it finally did a few minutes later, my left ear started making these popping/bubbling sounds. i cant really describe it well, im sorry. all i know is that it was really annoying and i couldnt talk because i sounded weird. (almost like when you yawn and try to talk) and i felt almost dizzy with a weird pressure in my head. this has happened a few times before and ive ignored it because it usually only lasts a second or two, but this time it lasted about 5-10 minutes and i dont want it to get worse. does anyone have any idea what this is and if its normal?? should i see a doctor??

Old 02-15-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
(female)

trittsneighbor HB User
Re: popping/ weird sound in ears

If you find out please post it. It doesn't seem many people are posting to people with ear problems. I have one now. I can't hear out of my left ear well, and it is muffled, plugged, and when I blow my nose it pops and crackles. I need advice to. I hope someone who knows will read this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
(female)

Anjjou72 HB User

Have either of you two been to see a Dr.? You could have an ear infection or fluid in your ears perhaps. I've had those things you described while having an ear infection, while having fluid trapped in my ears, and also when my allergies are triggered. Often times I even have muffled hearing and I start talking louder because I can't hear myself! I often have ringing in my ears, itching deep inside, popping, equilibrium, problems, whooshing noises, clicks, crackles, you name it! LOL 90% of the time all of my lovely symptoms occur as a result of my allergies which are treated with daily medication and weekly injections. (allergy shots) Seeing a Dr. at least will give you a better understanding of what is happening inside your ears so you know how to deal with it. However, a Dr. realizing allergies may be the cause is easier said than done. It only took 16 years for a Dr. to realize that allergies were the cause of all of my problems. Yup, and 17 years later I'm still dealing with them.

Just get it checked out!

Old 02-16-2006, 12:35 AM   #4
(female)

Pinkcandygal19 HB User

Hey,
Im having ear problems, when i wake in the morning, my ears sorta pop,but wont un-pop! its soooo ha to exlplain, its like having a jog over your ear? i hear everything fine, but when i tlks, breathe etc, its loud or echoie?! lol like i said hard to explain, ive done a bit of research and thought maybe its allergies or a sinus infection, but i dont know if its possible to have one for 2 years! but i have also noticed my nose is blocked every morning, i have a lot of phlegm {sounds gross,sorry}
Maybe....hmmm i have a telephone consultation with the doc tommoz so ill let you know the outcome
Becci x x x

Old 02-16-2006, 12:02 PM   #5
(female)

Anjjou72 HB User

Pink, I'm even more convinced that allergies are the root of your problems now! You sure can't have a sinus infection for two years, but you can certainly have allergies for that long and longer. We've already established that these problems occur upon your awakening, so that is good in that it isolates your symptoms. You already know what I think because I suggested it in another post and you confirmed my initial thoughts. Yes, your pillow. I know it's old and you're attached to it, but you must try to figure out if is the cause of your problems. If it turns out to be the culprit, then you can take measures to better the situation AND keep your pillow!

As a suggestion, you might try to sleep somewhere other than your bed, and without the pillow just to see what happens when you wake up. For instance taking a nap on the couch or in a spare room WITHOUT the pillow. That simple task can really tell a lot because my guess is that your problem lies with your bedding, (specifically where you lay your head). If it were something else in your house, then you would have symptoms all day long and not just upon wakening. See what I mean? Basically your situation is already narrowed down for you, you just have to run some experiments to see what the results yield.

Good luck and keep me posted!

Old 02-16-2006, 06:27 PM   #6
(female)

islander81 HB User

Pink, that is EXACTLY what i was talking about.. how it sounds funny / echo-y when i talk. please post to let us know what your doctor says!

Old 02-17-2006, 04:41 AM   #7
(female)

Pinkcandygal19 HB User

Hi,
I had my telephone consultation and he's prescribed me nasal spray as he says its catarrah {think i spelt that wrong!} He says if it hasnt cleared up withing 4 weeks, to contacts again, but i shouldnt have any problems and should see some differance.
I will try to change my sleeping pattern, but i will also add that it doesnt happen every morning, about once amonth i can actually wake up feeling good!
And when ive got cold! like now {thanks to mum!!!} so bow im just bunged up ears,nose an'all! But when the old clears the ear prob is still there, but we'll see what the nasal spray does for me.
Ive been doing research and seems i could cut down on dairy foods too to help. As the dr mentioned something bout decongestion!
Hope this helps
Becci x x x

Closed Thread