It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User
my ears get plugged up so easy!

Several years ago during the summer I went swimming several times and the water that got in my ear never really drained out. By the time I got back to college in the fall, my ears had become so blocked I had to go to the student health clinic to get them cleaned out - What a difference!!! I cannot even believe how deaf I was before I got them cleaned. When i got back in my car I was nearly blown away by how loud my stereo was.

Anyway, I am having the same issue again. My ears have felt slightly plugged for a while, and last week I went swimming and the water never came out. When I got home I did a light clean out with Qtips (not even entering the ear tube) and it plugged them up even MORE!!I couldn't believe it. No matter what i try they keep getting more and more plugged - drops from the store, ear wax cleaner drops...nothing is working. I am going ot the dr tomorrow, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has this issue. I don't want to keep having to go to the dr every few years when my ears get blocked.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2006, 04:44 PM   #2
(female)

2catfans HB User
Cool Re: my ears get plugged up so easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjewell
Several years ago during the summer I went swimming several times and the water that got in my ear never really drained out. By the time I got back to college in the fall, my ears had become so blocked I had to go to the student health clinic to get them cleaned out - What a difference!!! I cannot even believe how deaf I was before I got them cleaned. When i got back in my car I was nearly blown away by how loud my stereo was.

Anyway, I am having the same issue again. My ears have felt slightly plugged for a while, and last week I went swimming and the water never came out. When I got home I did a light clean out with Qtips (not even entering the ear tube) and it plugged them up even MORE!!I couldn't believe it. No matter what i try they keep getting more and more plugged - drops from the store, ear wax cleaner drops...nothing is working. I am going ot the dr tomorrow, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has this issue. I don't want to keep having to go to the dr every few years when my ears get blocked.
mjewell
Go to the health food store and get "ear candles". You'll need a freind to help with them. My hubby and I do the ear candles once a year and they clean out alot of "stuff" out of my hubby's ears. Mine were'nt too bad. Otherwise, you need to go to an ENT doc or your family doc and have your ears cleaned again. My Mom has to have her's cleaned by her doc about every 4-6 months. She said whenever things sound "muffled" or "like you turned the volumn down" she knows it's time to have them cleaned. I hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2006, 01:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User
Re: my ears get plugged up so easy!

thanks catfan. The candle thing has always made me a little nervous, but it is worth a try. i went to the dr today to get an ear irrigation and it felt SO good!

Old 02-24-2006, 01:54 PM   #4
(female)

2catfans HB User
Re: my ears get plugged up so easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjewell
thanks catfan. The candle thing has always made me a little nervous, but it is worth a try. i went to the dr today to get an ear irrigation and it felt SO good!
I'm so glad that your doc was able to give you some relief!!! You might have to go back to the docs again when you get the same symptons. Now you know what it feels like when it starts to hurt and that's when you should get to your docs. Don't wait until your are hurting real bad. I'm glad I could help.

Closed Thread