It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2006, 12:46 PM   #1
(male)

uk_worried_guy HB User
Yawning! Hellp!

hi there,

just wondering - ive had sinus problems for a while - just been through
a big "clear spell" and then all of a sudden a month or so ago.... the
pressure in forehead started again, together with brain fog, general fatigue, spaced-out feeling, and so forth.... new this time, though, is constant-yawning (which i never noticed before)....

I've been doign some googling...... and noticed that excessive-yawning
is a symptom of, amongst other things, a brain tumor!!

.....given that im a hypochondriac, ive started to worry.....

.........................can anyone shed some light for me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2006, 07:29 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Want2feelgood HB User
Question Re: Yawning! Hellp!

Let me set your mind to rest... Yawning is a symptom of MANY things.... being sleepy, needing to get more oxygen then you are from improper breathing, being board etc.....
And of course when you start to dwell on something, it always happens more.. in other words, the more you are thinking of it, the more it is going to happen. If you have a brain tumor, you will have more symptoms then just yawning....
What else is going on with you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2006, 04:08 AM   #3
(male)

uk_worried_guy HB User
Re: Yawning! Hellp!

Thanks for the reply, and setting my mind at ease a little!

The fatigue continues... but also have..

- "pressure" feeling all over my head (particulalry at front)
- "pressure" feeling in ears
- neck feels achy and stiff
- "pressure" feeling in eyes

i know pressure is a bit of an odd word, just describes the feeling of them being a but 'full' you know??

Aside from that just fatiguey and achy etc, and a little bit of brain-fog

Old 03-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Want2feelgood HB User

All of the symptoms you post sounds like allergy symptoms to me. I live in an area where the pollen is UPPPPP BIG TIME... and I have all the same symptoms as you mentioned. My head feels like someone has it in a vice at times, and not to mention I get really dizzy and light headed once in a while as well. So, I guess my opinion would be .... you might have allergies that is affecting your sinuses as well.
Hope you feel better soon, best of luck to you.

Old 04-01-2006, 02:01 PM   #5
(female)

Shazzalin HB User

Hi,
I have that pressure feeling too. Especially in my ears and head. It feel as though my ears need to pop. I also get a whistling noise. It doesn't hurt, its just very very annoying. Also it affects my hearing/concentration. I work with children and when they all talk to me at once I can't separate one voice from another! My doctor looked in my ears and said they were clear and just gave me some pills for nausea (I must admit I do feel sick somethimes but more of a sicky headachey feeling). If you have a brain tumour, then I must have too! Seriously though, even though I am also a hypochondriac, I don't think it is anything that bad! I just wish I knew what to take to make it go away.

Old 04-01-2006, 02:03 PM   #6
(female)

Shazzalin HB User

P.S. Also I have a pulsating feeling in my head/ears. I can feel the blood literally rushing through my head and ears. Do you get that?

Old 04-02-2006, 05:57 AM   #7
(female)

Anjjou72 HB User

Yup UK guy, that sure sounds like allergies to me. I have a ton of them myself, so I can relate to your symptoms. The yawning I can relate to, (sighing as well) because I do that a lot myself when my breathing becomes difficult and I can't get full enough breaths. When yawning and sighing doesn't cut it, I have to use my inhaler.

Perhaps you should go for allergy testing.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:14 PM   #8
(male)

chesteadman HB User

I suffer from some of these symptoms too. uk_worried_guy, do you still have them? I would like to know how things turned out for you.

Closed Thread