It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2006, 11:47 PM   #1
(female)

tonsilfamily HB User
How much weight did you lose after your Tonsillectomy?

I have to admit, the one thing that helps me keep the pain factor in check is the possibility of losing weight after i have this done (April 3rd is D-Day, or should I say T-Day?!).

Just curious how much weight you recovered folks lost.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2006, 11:48 PM   #2
(female)

tonsilfamily HB User
Re: How much weight did you loose after your Tonsillectomy?

Ugh...loose=lose
I hate those dumb spelling errors!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 05:04 AM   #3
(female)

rezendej HB User

7 days and 7 pounds so far. good luck

Old 03-23-2006, 01:05 PM   #4
(female)

tonsilfamily HB User

Well, that does seem like a nice consolation prize for someone like me who is overweight anyways!

Old 03-25-2006, 01:25 PM   #5
(female)

2catfans HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonsilfamily
I have to admit, the one thing that helps me keep the pain factor in check is the possibility of losing weight after i have this done (April 3rd is D-Day, or should I say T-Day?!).

Just curious how much weight you recovered folks lost.
Well at day 3, I lost 7 pounds, which the ENT who performed emergency surgery was not pleased, to say the least. It's stll gone at 5 weeks post-op! Yea!!

Old 03-26-2006, 07:44 AM   #6
(female)

yellow10 HB User
Re: How much weight did you lose after your Tonsillectomy?

during the two weeks I wasn't eating much right after the surgery, I lost about 7-8 pounds. I'm at day 25 and i'm still about 7 or 8 pounds lighter I'm eating of course fairly normal by now, my throat is pretty well healed-i just notice i'm eating much smaller meals, my stomach still is used to "normal" amounts of food. But i'm hoping to not gain it all back!

Old 03-26-2006, 01:06 PM   #7
(female)

ginamackey HB User

I'm at day 12 after my tonsillectomy, and I've lost 8 lbs. When I went for my 10 day checkup, the doc said my throat's not healing very well or very fast, and to stay on a mushy food diet. I'm soooooo sick of musy foods! I can't wait to eat regular food, although I'm not looking forward to gaining back the weight. I'd like to lose about 20 more!! good luck, it's brutal.

Old 03-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #8
(female)

yellow10 HB User

wow, i'm amazed at how soon i hear people have "check-ups" after it's done. My doc didn't even want to see me until 3 weeks following. I'm not sure if it's because he feels it's not all that helpful to see people before that time post op-or he's trully really fully booked or something I had mine on the 1st and am having my post op tomorrow. My throat is pretty much all healed up for the most part now-or at least the portions that are visible are certainly healed. I wouldn't worry about gaining the weight back too quickly (i'm actually not sure its possible) -for the most part I still can't eat "full" meals because my stomach isn't used to it. I still don't even get all that hungry, or can eat a lot less then I used to and be full.

Old 07-01-2006, 02:27 PM   #9
(female)

madam50 HB User

20 pounds by day 13 - too bad it comes back when you start eating again!
~~~Madam 50

Old 07-01-2006, 04:13 PM   #10
(female)

andvari HB User

by about day 6 i had lost about 15 lbs. i wasn't able to stomach anything so i literally starved all that time. i had enough water, just couldn't eat anything.. not even freezies.
my doc didn't ask for a check up.. is that normal? he saw me just after i woke up in the recovery room and told me that it went good and he spoke to my mom.. my mom said he didn't make mention of it, and my chart said nothing about making a check up apointment either. i guess if he really thought i needed it he would have set one up but he's a hell of a busy guy too so that's probably it.
i think i've gained back about 3 lbs or so. i'm already fairly thin.. i had gained 5 lbs before my surgery, probably nerves. i'm usually around 125.. was over 130 before surgery and am now under 120 lol. i think it depends on how much you manage to get down. but i don't suggest you starve yourself if you can help it. i'm a very very hungry girl now!! i still can't eat certain things.. just can't wait until i can sink my teeth into an apple and eat some hot spicey salsa. *drool*

Old 07-02-2006, 07:42 AM   #11
(female)

falling_rain HB User

i don't know the pounds conversion lol but i lost about 7-8 kg, it bounced between those two. i'm eating normal food now but it's not come back yet probably because i've been extra busy trying to catch up with my life.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:18 PM   #12
(female)

lisainphilly HB User

I had my surgery 4 days ago and lost 7 pounds, but I've been eating. Pudding, soft bread, croissants, soups, yogurt, even toast with jelly.

Old 07-07-2006, 10:51 AM   #13
(female)

megaroo83 HB User

i lost 15 lbs after my surgery.

its been 3 months and i've gained it all back, plus some.

boo.

Old 07-08-2006, 01:09 PM   #14
(male)

thebentthroat HB User

Half a stone in a week but gradually going back on!

Closed Thread