It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2006, 06:43 AM   #1
(female)

ariesgirly HB User
Yeast Infection in Throat

Does anyone know how people get this & what can be done as prevention or cures? I took Diflucan a month ago & now I have it back again.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:50 PM   #2
(female)

2catfans HB User
Re: Yeast Infection in Throat

It's called thrush when it's in your mouth and I had it after tonsil surgery because the doctor gave me steriods to promote healing. Unfortunately, thrush is one of the side effects of the steriods. My doctor gave me Clotrimazole 10 mg Troche to use for 10 days, however because of having emergency surgery, I had to stay on them for 14 days. They dissolve slowly in your mouth. He said Diflucan wouldn't work in my mouth like it does for vaginal yeast infections. I can tell you that when the thrush broke up on the tonsil bed, it hurt and burned like the dickens for 2 days!! And nothing would give me relief. You might ask your doc about the Troches. I know that most breast fed babies get thrush but I don't know why.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2006, 07:42 PM   #3
(female)

sweetstacie HB User

I got thrush after my tonsilectomy because my dr. gave me steriods too. She said that eating yogart helps. Also she gave me a prescription for nystatin, which you swish in your mouth and swallow. It helped me.

Old 03-28-2006, 03:19 PM   #4
(female)

buddy100 HB User

A yeast infection in the mouth is called Thrush. I get it alot when I take antibiotics. I use an natural source of healing. I get it from Hannah Kroeger's Herbs. It's called "Thrush" You can go to her web site and order. It comes in liquid drops you take 3 times a day. It only takes 2 or 3 days for it to start clearning up. Goes away completely in a week. Also, if you have yeast (Candida) in your mouth, you have it in your body. Hannah has a kit to cleanse the yeast out of your system. It really works, and it is all natural. Take the chance. Believe me it works. Keep some on hand. Good luck to you.

Old 03-28-2006, 03:39 PM   #5
(female)

KerryT HB UserKerryT HB User

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes after I had a bout with thrush. Can that be the problem?

Closed Thread