It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006, 07:25 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User
dizziness post surgery?

Well as most of you all know I'm having major issues after my septoplasty/turbine reduction/unclogging of sinuses to name a few... It has been about 25 days since I had the surgery and it's been nothing but troubles. First excruciating pain, then numbness on the right side of my face (is slowly returning), sinus infection and I have been so dizzy lately too. Whenever I get up or move at all (even when I do it slowly) I feel all fuzzy and dizzy... I am known to pass out from anxiety but this feels different. I also have really bad pin-point pain I wanna call it, where I think the sinus was opened up... it is agonizing and is not getting better. I am going to see my dr Wednesday to see what is going on and to get a referal for a second opinion (ENT) because I don't have the greatest rapport with my own.

Did anyone experience severe dizziness after their surgery?

Old 03-27-2006, 10:18 PM   #2
(female)

2catfans HB User
Re: dizziness post surgery?

Hi twizliz,
I had septoplasty and turbinate reduction along with tonsilectomy and adeniodectomy 42 days ago. I had so much problems with the tonsilectomy and post op bleeding that if there were any problems, they were overshadowed by all the mouth problems! I can tell you that I am no longer stuffy and since surgery, I have taken about 10 tablets of my allergy medication!

Last edited by 2catfans; 03-27-2006 at 10:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2006, 03:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User

2catfans: I've been reading your posts and I'm so sorry for what you've been going through. It really sucks, doesn't it? I cannot imagine having all of that done in one go! Did they at least keep you overnight the first night it was done (they did for me).

I am going to my pcp tomorrow to try to get a second opinion. I am 24 years old, I don't think I should be having this hard of a time bouncing back. If I do anything, like take a walk or play with my niece, I'm exhausted for the rest of the day. And like I said, I still have pain and dizziness. I'm starting a new job in 2 weeks so I really need to get ahold of this.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:33 PM   #4
(female)

2catfans HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizliz
2catfans: I've been reading your posts and I'm so sorry for what you've been going through. It really sucks, doesn't it? I cannot imagine having all of that done in one go! Did they at least keep you overnight the first night it was done (they did for me).

I am going to my pcp tomorrow to try to get a second opinion. I am 24 years old, I don't think I should be having this hard of a time bouncing back. If I do anything, like take a walk or play with my niece, I'm exhausted for the rest of the day. And like I said, I still have pain and dizziness. I'm starting a new job in 2 weeks so I really need to get ahold of this.
Hi twizliz,
Thank you. I'm what the docs call a "textbook case"!! If it's a side effect or problem, I get. That will stop now. They did not keep me the first time, surgery was a 7am and I was home at 2pm. I requested that they keep me the second time. That was my second trip to the ER in 2 hours! I know how you feel; I still need 10 hours of sleep. Yesterday, I power washed my patio carpet and helped my hubby put the patio table and chairs out, and I raked a few leaves and I was so tired that I was falling asleep sitting up!! I hope your PCP can help you or at least send you to another doc. At least my sinuses have not bothered me. I was lucking in that respect. Please let us know what your PCP says. I will pray for your healing so you can start your new job feeling good.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:33 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User

Thank you so much for your kind words and support

My PCP refered me to a really good dr at one of the best hospitals in New England, so I'm happy about that. She checked me out and said that everything looked pretty good, but was put off because I've been running a low grade temp for a while.

Closed Thread