It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
(female)

leannbam HB User
Throat lump/irritation

I seem to have some kind of red bump on my left tonsil, right where the back of my tongue touches it, so it's constantly being rubbed and it's driving me insane!!! It feels like I have a piece of food stuck there, but I'm looked a million times and there's nothing on my tongue or my tonsil. Also, on my palate, right near my left tonsil, a lump about the size of a dime has formed, kind of like a lump you'd get when you bump your head. This, in combination with the bump on my tonsil, is making me crazy. I constantly feel it and it hurts to swallow. I noticed it yesterday morning. I had gone to the doctor 4 days ago and he mentioned my tonsils looked inflammed and he proceeded to do a strep test [which came back negative]
I realize that some of this is more oral than throat, but this seemed to be the closest board to my problem. Any idea what this could be or how I can get rid of it??

Old 03-29-2006, 07:06 PM   #2
(male)

Grunt117 HB User
Re: Throat lump/irritation

I have oral lichen planus on the roof of my mouth which presents as bumps similar to the ones you describe. Although my bumps aren't red, but white-colored.

If you feel like you have a lump in your throat, it could be reflux, or maybe hidden tonsil stones that you can't see.

I have a red/pinkish bump on my right tonsil, but I can't feel it, I can only see it when I look back there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread