It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2006, 08:15 AM   #1
(female)

georgiw HB User
whoosiness after day 9 of tonsil surgery

I am planning on return to work tomorrow..I was going to try today but it didn't work.

So I've been sitting up for about an hour trying to see how I feel..I still feel weak but maybe I'm dehydrated ...I feel like I could just sink back into a deep sleep while sitting up Lots of ear pain can this be why I feel this way or maybe my lortab elixir although I've cut back on it to only before eating and first thing am
I am 44. Any thoughts?

Old 03-29-2006, 01:25 PM   #2
(female)

ginamackey HB User
Re: whoosiness after day 9 of tonsil surgery

Hello! I had my tonsils out two weeks ago yesterday. My right ear is still so painful, I can't even sleep on my right side. I'm just feeling human again, actually. If I worked full time, I still wouldn't be able to manage it. I took my dog for a walk this morning (about 45 minutes), and was so exhausted I had to take a nap! I'm a little older, 51, but never figured the recovery would be so long, and so painful. When I went for my first post-op doctor's visit last Friday, he said I'm not healing very well or very fast, which is probably due to my "age". So try not to do too much too fast. Relax!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
(female)

georgiw HB User

Thanks for the advice...I am going out for about 2 hours tonite....this will probably give me an ideal of how I'll fare and if I can return to work...my first followup isn't until Mon 4/3....I am wondering if I should return to work then...

Do you have nite sweats or sweats all of a sudden? I do but I also get cold too (leg area).

Old 03-29-2006, 09:20 PM   #4
(female)

2catfans HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiw
I am planning on return to work tomorrow..I was going to try today but it didn't work.

So I've been sitting up for about an hour trying to see how I feel..I still feel weak but maybe I'm dehydrated ...I feel like I could just sink back into a deep sleep while sitting up Lots of ear pain can this be why I feel this way or maybe my lortab elixir although I've cut back on it to only before eating and first thing am
I am 44. Any thoughts?

I'm 44 days post op and my body still requires 10 hours of sleep. I am 45 years old. I am still healing according to the doc and not to worry about. Your pain med, according to *****.com, is Hydrocodone-Acetaminophen and one of the side effects if drowsiness. Even when I took my Hydrocodone just one time, I was extremely drowsy. Talk to your doc and maybe they can give you another pain med that won't make you drowsy.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:21 AM   #5
(female)

georgiw HB User

Thanks 2catsfan.....I didn't make it to work today either..my throat hurt terribly during last night and kept me awake..so I feel pretty worn out today....

I don't take my pain meds very regularly I am wondering if I have an inner ear problem now from the adenoids they tried to repair.

I've just told them at work that I will be back on Monday...hoping extra days will help..I've been out since 3 20 06.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:56 PM   #6
(female)

2catfans HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiw
Thanks 2catsfan.....I didn't make it to work today either..my throat hurt terribly during last night and kept me awake..so I feel pretty worn out today....

I don't take my pain meds very regularly I am wondering if I have an inner ear problem now from the adenoids they tried to repair.

I've just told them at work that I will be back on Monday...hoping extra days will help..I've been out since 3 20 06.
Hi Georgiw, I hope your doing better!

Old 04-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #7
(female)

princess12 HB User

i have had my tonsils out and now i have scar tissue or some of my tonsil has tried to regrow very bad sore throat the physician and all of his ego said i dont want to see you anymore and then dismissed me as if i felt like coming in their 1week after surgery i barely helt my head above water so i am stuck trying to find a physician because the idiot did a botched up job on my throat and then also did not remove my adenoids nor repair them so hopefully get some resolution to this and put this thing out of my misery because ears ring now because of silly doctors all they can give is antibiotics ...as if that does not cause any problems on its own....

Closed Thread