It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #1
(female)

LkK2507 HB User
Clicking/grinding when swallowing

Hello, I was wondering if ANYONE can relate or help me with this issue I am having

After being sick for a week with the flu and coughing my head off and as can be expected swallowing alot I have this issue. Everytime I swallow there is this grinding and/or clicking noise like something is rubbing in my throat. It is only when my head is forward or to the left. when I turn it to the right, up or down it doesnt happen. I AM completly freaking out about this. Im not so worried that its an issue like a tumor or something but that I have dislocated or damaged my throat or swallowing mechanism and that it will be like this forever. It does not hurt at all its just uncomfortable. I started poking at my throat to see if I could feel anything and when I move my adams apple part of my neck it pops too. the thing is I have NO idea if it did this before cause well.... didnt really mess with my neck before.

can anyone help or tell me if they had something like this. Its been doing it for about a week or more I think.

Old 03-30-2006, 07:46 AM   #2
(female)

LkK2507 HB User
Re: Clicking/grinding when swallowing

Anyone PLEASE!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2006, 12:42 PM   #3
(female)

chloe1234567890 HB User

hi ive had this on and off for nearly a yr i still dont no what causes it.

my poping is felt on the left also i hurts when i physically touch it to move it feels like a grinding.

Let me know if u find out what it is

Old 04-02-2006, 07:54 PM   #4
(female)

LkK2507 HB User

Hey! yeah.... I have an apointment this wednesday... you know I notice that if I dont think about it and dont swallow alot like I do when I think about it too much It's not that noticable.... lol. I notice it the most when I am sitting at my computer at work and its real quiet and I hear it.... Eh who knows. I have the biggest tonsils in the world I wonder if it has anything to do with those suckers. I have been feelings some strain when I talk at times too...Id love to just get those things out!

Old 05-17-2007, 04:52 AM   #5
(male)

hoosier68 HB User

Anyone figure out what this is yet? I have had it for about a month now and dont want to go to the doc yet cause he already thinks i am a hypocondriac. Same symptoms, clicking/grinding in upper throat when i swallow a certain way. i can feel the cartilidge move abnormally when i touch it lightly too. Anyone still there?

Old 06-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #6
(female)

kimberlye HB User

Have you considered TMJ. My neice had it. Something about the joint in your jaw. Her dentist determined what hers was. She said it made a clicking grinding noise.

Closed Thread