It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User
follow up ENT so scared

I have to go see my ENT for my one month post op follow up. I'm so scared. The first time I had everything cleaned out I passed out from pain, the second time wasn't as bad but I bled for hours afterward. This time more time has elapsed... before it was every week, but now it's been 2 weeks. I'm so scared for what will happen, I mean I know what will happen, but I'm worried about the pain and anxiety. The second time I was fine because I had taken two pain pills, but now I don't have any. Plus my allergies are insane right now, I don't know if that will affect it or not...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2006, 10:36 AM   #2
(female)

Mar1 HB User
Re: follow up ENT so scared

Doesn't he spray an anesthetic into your nose first? If not, he should be and I wouldn't let him anywhere near my nose without it. Also, to help with the bleeding, try spraying Afrin in your nose first, that should help. Don't worry too much about your allergies, shouldn't cause any problems. I went and saw my ENT this morning and my allergies have also been making me nutty the past few days. After cleaning everything out, he gave me a prescription for a prednisone burst, nasonex and allegra-d to help out with the allergies and keep them under control. So, you may ask your ENT about getting something to help that out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2006, 12:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User
Re: follow up ENT so scared

He does spray to numb them up (or else I would probably bite his arm off or something LOL). Unfortunatly for me, I am unable to take conventonial allergy meds because they make my anxiety insane, same with steroids. I feel like mentioning to him that my throat is hurting and I have stuff in my tonsils but I fear two things: 1. he'll think I'm even more of a hypercnodiact or 2. he'll want to take them out. I've been running a low grade temp for a long time. I guess I'll just see how it goes.

Closed Thread