It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
(female)

tonsilfamily HB User
Tonsillectomy today

Just a quick note.
Had them out this morning.

Upon waking, I could not breathe out (exhale) properly, as my tongue was so swollen. It was very distressful, and I started to panic and cry. But they gave me something, then that went away.
My tongues is extremely swollen. Dr, said I have avery small mouth, but a large tongue, so it was considerable work to get it out of the way for them to operate.
The pain right afterwards was ok.
But now it is 8 pm, and it is very very bad.
They only gave me tylenol w/ codeine (liquid), I was surprised. My daughter has some liquid vicodin left over from her tonsillectomy...anyone know what the adult dosage is?

Anyways, talking is very difficult above a whisper, and even that is trying and tiresome.
I can't sleep for more than an hour at a time it seems...very bizarre dreams!

I'm going to try eating a popsicle and liquid jello later.
It hurts alot right now. Wow.

Anyways, I'll report more tomorrow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2006, 02:33 PM   #2
(female)

2catfans HB User
Re: Tonsillectomy today

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonsilfamily
Just a quick note.
Had them out this morning.

Upon waking, I could not breathe out (exhale) properly, as my tongue was so swollen. It was very distressful, and I started to panic and cry. But they gave me something, then that went away.
My tongues is extremely swollen. Dr, said I have avery small mouth, but a large tongue, so it was considerable work to get it out of the way for them to operate.
The pain right afterwards was ok.
But now it is 8 pm, and it is very very bad.
They only gave me tylenol w/ codeine (liquid), I was surprised. My daughter has some liquid vicodin left over from her tonsillectomy...anyone know what the adult dosage is?

Anyways, talking is very difficult above a whisper, and even that is trying and tiresome.
I can't sleep for more than an hour at a time it seems...very bizarre dreams!

I'm going to try eating a popsicle and liquid jello later.
It hurts alot right now. Wow.

Anyways, I'll report more tomorrow.
Hang in there, you'll be feeling better soon!! Keep drinking every 15 minutes or so but be sure to take your pain meds first, especially before you try to eat. It will help. Get some rest and feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread