It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2006, 02:29 PM   #1
(female)

angeleyes4458 HB User
Unhappy Please Help Glossitis AND INFLAMED TASTE BUDS AND THRUSH ANYONE

Hi,
I AM NEW TI THIS BOARD. A FEW WEEKS AGO I WAS TOLD I HAD GLOSSITIS AND THE PAIN ON MY TOUNGE KEEP BURNING. SO I WENT BACK TO MY DOCTOR AND HE SAID I ALSO HAD SOME THRUSH. WELL HE GAVE ME SOME DIFLUCAN AND SOME NYSTATIN WHICH AFTER THE SECOND DAY I COULD NOT USE IT IN MY MOUTH IT REALLY IRRIATED IT. WELL THE THRUSH WENT AWAY AFTER BEING ON THE DIFLICAN FOR FOUR DAYS. IN THE MEAN TIME MY TASTE BUDS ARE STILL RAISED AND VERY MUCH BOTHERING ME, I WENT TO SEE AND ENT HE LOOKED IN M Y MOUTH AND SAID EVERYTHING IS FINE THE THRUSH WAS GONE BUT STILL HAD THE GLOSSITIS, AFTER A WEEK SEEING HIM MY THRUSH CAME BACK. I HAD BEEN ON ANTIBOTICS FOR AT LEAST THREE WEEKS BEFORE ALL THIS HAPPENED. I AM BACK ON THE DIFLUCAN THIS IS MY EIGHT DAY AND HE PUT ME ON IT THIS TIME FOR FOURTEEN. I AM STILL HAVING SOME PAIN SORE MOUTH AND RAISED TASTE BUDS. MY BLOOD WORK CAME BACK FINE. HAS ANYONE EVER HAD THIS OR KNOW ANTHING ABOUT THIS. PLEASE HELP.I JUST KEEPING THINKING ITS CANCER BUT MY DOCTOR SAID MY TOUNGE LOOKED NORMAL. BUT SO MUCH PAIN. PLEASE HELP IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE. I REALLY APPERICATE IT THANKS CHERYL! I FORGOT TO ADD I AM EATING ALOT OF YOGURT AND CUT OUT SPICY FOODS AND ETC. IS THER ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO TO HELP HEAL MY TOUNGE?

Last edited by angeleyes4458; 04-07-2006 at 02:09 PM.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
(female)

2catfans HB User
Re: Glossitis And Thrush

I'm sorry your having so many problems. According to *****.com, the causes of glossitis include:

Bacterial or viral infections (including oral herpes simplex)
Mechanical irritation or injury from burns, rough edges of teeth or dental appliances, or other trauma
Exposure to irritants such as tobacco, alcohol, hot foods, or spices
Allergic reaction to toothpaste, mouthwash, breath fresheners, dyes in candy, plastic in dentures or retainers
Disorders such as iron deficiency anemia, pernicious anemia and other B vitamin deficiencies, oral lichen planus, erythema multiform, aphthous ulcers, pemphigus vulgaris, syphilis, and others
Occasionally, glossitis can be inherited.

As for the thrush, I had it for 2 1/2 weeks after septoplasty, turbinate reduction, adenoidectomy and tonsilectomy and my ENT put me on Clotrimazole 10 mg Troche. They worked very well. You let them dissolve in your mouth slowly four times a day. You might ask your doctor for another thrush medication.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2006, 10:12 PM   #3
(female)

2catfans HB User

I forgot to ask if you have changed any of your dental hygene products?

Old 04-06-2006, 05:24 AM   #4
(female)

angeleyes4458 HB User

Thank For Your Reply! I Am Still Using The Same Toothpaste. I Also Have Dentures. No One Has Said Anything About This. I Think My Thrush Is Going Away Now But The Taste Buds In The Back Are Really Inflamed And Swollen. It Feels Like There Is Something In My Throat Off An On. I Also Found Out They Said I Have Tmj. Did Your Taste Buds Inflame And Swell And Alot Of Burning? I ALSO HAVE SOME TEETH AT THE BOTTOM AND HAVE A PARTIAL. AND THIS ALL STARTED OF WITH A BURNING SORE THROAT AND THE SAID IT WAS JUST A SORE THROAT. AND I REMEMBER I WAS GETTING HEART BURN FOR A WHILE BEFORW ALL THIS STARTED COUD IT POSSIBLY BE SOMETHING ELSE. I HAVE SOME PREVICIDE HERE BUT I AM AFRAID TO TAKE IT IT MAY NOT MIX WITH MY MEDS.SHOULD I GO BACK TO THE ENT. TO ME HE JUST BRUSHED ME OFF AND SAID EVERYTHING LOOKED GOOD. I ALSO DO HAVE A ANXIETY DISORDER.THANK YOU SO MUCH CHERYL

Last edited by angeleyes4458; 04-06-2006 at 10:53 AM.

Old 04-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #5
(female)

2catfans HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyes4458
Thank For Your Reply! I Am Still Using The Same Toothpaste. I Also Have Dentures. No One Has Said Anything About This. I Think My Thrush Is Going Away Now But The Taste Buds In The Back Are Really Inflamed And Swollen. It Feels Like There Is Something In My Throat Off An On. I Also Found Out They Said I Have Tmj. Did Your Taste Buds Inflame And Swell And Alot Of Burning? I ALSO HAVE SOME TEETH AT THE BOTTOM AND HAVE A PARTIAL. AND THIS ALL STARTED OF WITH A BURNING SORE THROAT AND THE SAID IT WAS JUST A SORE THROAT. AND I REMEMBER I WAS GETTING HEART BURN FOR A WHILE BEFORW ALL THIS STARTED COUD IT POSSIBLY BE SOMETHING ELSE. I HAVE SOME PREVICIDE HERE BUT I AM AFRAID TO TAKE IT IT MAY NOT MIX WITH MY MEDS.SHOULD I GO BACK TO THE ENT. TO ME HE JUST BRUSHED ME OFF AND SAID EVERYTHING LOOKED GOOD. I ALSO DO HAVE A ANXIETY DISORDER.THANK YOU SO MUCH CHERYL
You can either go back to your ENT or just call your pharmacy and ask them if there is any drug interaction with any of your medication. I sure hope you feel well soon.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:51 AM   #6
(female)

angeleyes4458 HB User

Thank You So Much For You Reply I Really Appericate I Have An App On Thur For The Ent And I Hope. I Am Hoping It All Settles Before I Get Some Better Answers This Time.he Said I Had Alot Of Inflamaton In My Mouth But Why Did It All Come Back I Have Seen On Other Boards This Could Also Be Reflux Dont Know. I Am 48 And Full Blown Menopause.thanks Cheryl

Old 04-12-2006, 11:12 AM   #7
(male)

ginger65 HB User

Hi angeleyes,

The raised and inflammed taste buds and semi-permanent white tongue coating are associated with LPR or Larnygo Pharyngeal Reflux. The acid goes all the way into the mouth and after sometime can destroy your oral bacterial balance. This allows candida to take hold especially in denture wearers causing sore throat etc. The LPR is also responsible for the globus or something stuck in the throat sensation, burning mouth, excess mucous, post nasal drip, sinusitis and bitter taste. If your tastebuds have raised whiteheads on them this can either be thrush from the candida or plaque forming from the post nasal drip secretions at the back of the throat.

Hope helps

Old 04-14-2006, 07:05 PM   #8
(female)

angeleyes4458 HB User
Smile Re: Glossitis And Thrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger65
Hi angeleyes,

The raised and inflammed taste buds and semi-permanent white tongue coating are associated with LPR or Larnygo Pharyngeal Reflux. The acid goes all the way into the mouth and after sometime can destroy your oral bacterial balance. This allows candida to take hold especially in denture wearers causing sore throat etc. The LPR is also responsible for the globus or something stuck in the throat sensation, burning mouth, excess mucous, post nasal drip, sinusitis and bitter taste. If your tastebuds have raised whiteheads on them this can either be thrush from the candida or plaque forming from the post nasal drip secretions at the back of the throat.

Hope helps
THANK YOU SO MUCH GINGER YOU HAVE REALLY HELPED ME ALOT YOU ALSO MADE ME FEEL GOOD WHEN I HEARD ABOUT THE TASTE BUDS. NOBODY ELSE TALKS ABOUT THAT ON HERE AS A SYMPTON. BUT THE TASTE BUDS DID NOT HAVE THE WHITE ON THEM. MY DOCTOR SEEN MY MOUTH TWICE BUT NO ONE COULD TELL ME WHY THE TASTE BUDS WERE SO INFLAMED. SO I TRIED TO GO BACK AND EAT SPICY FOODS AND THEY WERE FEELING BETTER AT THAT TIME AND IT JUST FLARED THEM ALL OVER AGAIN. YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP. THANKS AND HAPPY EASTER! CHERYL

Closed Thread