It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #1
(female)

tonsilfamily HB User
Tonsillectomy Post-Op day 2

Ugh, today's pain was horrific.
I slept through my 3 am dosing of pain meds, and that was a BIG mistake.
It took two more doses before the edge came back off the pain. Needless to say, all my doses were on time today!

I had a really bad case of the chills this morning, and a fever of 102. Went down to 101 after tylenol w/ codeine, then down to 99.9.
Called the ENT, he said not to worry yet.

Today I ate a soft boiled egg (half of one anyways; too difficult to eat) and a bit of cottage cheese. Also one of these Jello Smoothie things, which was really good.

The thing that is surprising me the most is my tongue; it is hugely swollen, bruised, and has a big nasty white/yellowish patch on the side in the far back. Talking is nearly impossible.

I did sleep most of the day today, so that did help. It was lovely, actually!

Old 04-06-2006, 06:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User
Re: Tonsillectomy Post-Op day 2

I'm so sorry to hear the pain you're in. I just ran into a friend of mine who had her tonsils out last Tuesday, and she's one tough cookie and she actually admitted to being in pain (which she never has done before). So I can only imagine how bad it must be day 2. Has your temp gone down at all? Feel better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2006, 04:45 PM   #3
(female)

yellow10 HB User
How long after Tonsillectomy until feeling completely "normal"?

Well, i'm about 5 weeks post tonsillectomy and my throat is just fine, etc. But my energy level is still not at what I would call normal. Some days i'm feeling pretty good-and others just a general feeling of lack of energy. I'm just surprised how long it has taken for the "complete" healing process I guess! I'm eating better now, I've lost about 7 or 8 pounds-which I plan to keep off but even with the general increase in eating, i'm still feeling tired off and on. How about other people who are quite a ways out post op? How long did it take you to be feeling back up to full speed? I have started exercising again, but starting slowly with walking about 3 miles-not sure i'm up to a full workout at the gym yet?! Hopefully another week....

Closed Thread