It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2006, 07:33 PM   #1
(female)

tonsilfamily HB User
Tonsillectomy Post-Op Day 5

Pain is about the same today, though the meds seems to wear off sooner, and then it's miserable.
I'm all souped out. I am so sick of soup!
I tried some Easy Mac today, really soft and mushy, and that was too difficult to swallow. My mom made me some vanilla pudding, and it was divine.
Sometimes I can't distinguish between my throat hurting and my tongue hurting.
Talking really wears me out, and my jaw, tongue, and whole mouth start to tense up if I do it too much, and it's so hard not to talk when you have 4 small kids! Even with two other adults in the house helping take care of them.
Ack.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
(female)

2catfans HB User
Re: Tonsillectomy Post-Op Day 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonsilfamily
Pain is about the same today, though the meds seems to wear off sooner, and then it's miserable.
I'm all souped out. I am so sick of soup!
I tried some Easy Mac today, really soft and mushy, and that was too difficult to swallow. My mom made me some vanilla pudding, and it was divine.
Sometimes I can't distinguish between my throat hurting and my tongue hurting.
Talking really wears me out, and my jaw, tongue, and whole mouth start to tense up if I do it too much, and it's so hard not to talk when you have 4 small kids! Even with two other adults in the house helping take care of them.
Ack.
Hi tonsilfamily, I'm so glad your doing okay! Hang in there. My mouth was the same way. I'm now post-op 8 weeks and still can't talk loud or say quite a few words correctly and my mouth gets tired if I talk too much. You might try some mashed potatoes, vanilla yogurt, and vanilla ice cream. I had to eat that along with vanilla pudding for 3 1/2 weeks because of thrush. When you can have a little more, there is a frozen Creamed Chipped Beef and oh, it tasted so good!! You can also try baby food, which was suggested to me although I didn't try any. I'll put you in my prayers for a complication free and speedy recovery.

Last edited by 2catfans; 04-08-2006 at 10:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2006, 08:34 PM   #3
(female)

tonsilfamily HB User
Re: Tonsillectomy Post-Op Day 5

Thanks, 2catfans!
OMG, the creamed chipped beef sound unbelievably good!

Closed Thread