It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #1
(female)

catoblue HB User
Question Ears - Scaly, Rough, Itchy, Stinky

Some time ago, my ears began itching intensely, and about 5 months later the skin in, around, and behind my ears became very rough, scaly and painful.

I've tried cortizone creams, nystatin ointment, and various oils (including olive, coconut, garlic, and "MiraCell" oil) without success, and no doctor seems to know what's going on.

At times, my ears also fill up with a stinky, whitish fluid, which greatly impairs my hearing.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Last edited by catoblue; 04-09-2006 at 04:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
(male)

jeff235 HB User
Re: Ears - Scaly, Rough, Itchy, Stinky

I don't know what connection flakey skin on the outer part of the ear has with a whitish fluid being secreted... but i feel for you.

Have you had an MRI performed? I'm not saying to fear the worst but the fact that your ear is inflamed on the back as well- in tandem with a foul odor coming from the fluid.... makes me think cholesteatoma. I had this at one time... it's a tumor that basically gets caught up in the mastoid bone.

however... the white fluid definately sounds like infection to me.... as it would seem that the fluid is primarily dead white blood cells (the odor would suggest this too, but I am not for certain- at all)

Has anything come of this? Let us know! I'm sorry nobody else, nor myself- has any answers for you.

I can't believe your doctor has no idea what's going on... at the very least this sounds like swimmers ear. I know it can cause skin in and around the ear to become itchy and red, and dry.. and flakey..

Last edited by jeff235; 04-11-2006 at 06:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #3
(female)

bee797 HB User

I have been having itching on the outside of my ear not the back of it but just around the whole ear. My ears do not itch inside or have any discharge. I just have the itching and they get real dry and flake and get irritated. I first thought it was my hairspray so I changed to another one. But I still have this. I have tried all types of creams and salves, they do help but has not taken it away. Just wondering if anybody else has a similar problem. I have bee searching in the web but haven't found any solutions. I would appreciate it, if somebody could maybe suggest a product for me to use. Thank You,

Old 10-12-2007, 02:49 PM   #4
(female)

desiii HB User

Several of my family members (and me too, actually) get itchy scaling in and around the ears from eating dairy. As soon as it's cut out of the diet, the ears get better. For me it takes about two or three days to clear up, but mine is very minor and only on one ear. If it's more intense it will probably take a week or two before you see a difference. Worth a shot if this thing is really bothering you. Cut out all milk, cream, cheese, and cheese products for a while and see if it helps.

Closed Thread