It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2006, 09:17 PM   #1
(female)

tonsilfamily HB User
Tonsillectomy Post-Op day 7...WOW THIS HURTS!

WOW, day 7 has definitely been by far the worst day as far as pain goes!
Incredible, really.

I woke up at 3:30 am in searing, flaming, pain. Almost a completely different type of pain than I have been feeling. Burning.
I think the scabs are coming off.
I was due for a dose of pain meds at 4am, so I stuck it out 10 more minutes, then I couldn't wait anymore.
It was so bad I almost went and woke up my mother to comfort me! I am not joking! And I'm a 37 year old woman with 4 children of my own!
She's been staying here since 2 days before my surgery to help us out, and she leaves in 2 days

After I took the meds, I finally was able to mellow out after about 20 minutes, so i went back to sleep, only to wake up at 8am to the same incredible burning pain.

But this time I cried. This is the first time I have cried after having this surgery from the pain. I started crying when trying to take my meds. My mom was standing there and just hugged and hugged me until I stopped.
Love mom!

But the rest of the day hasn't been too terrible. It was a lovely day here in Minneapolis, about 68 degrees and sunny, so I went and sat outside. The sun and air definitely felt good!

I tried eating a vanilla ice cream cone from McDonalds today, but couldn't really open my mouth wide enough to get a good lick in, nor would my tongue stick out far enough! It melted really fast, LOL!

Oh well. I'll update you tomorrow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread