It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Unhappy Oh God, Please help....ears.....

Hi, I am a 39 year old woman, and when I was a child I had tubes put in my hears, now I don't know if this has anything to do with my ear problems, but I is driving me crazy .

My hears always feel like they have fluid in them, I am constantly using a Q-tip, I know that is bad, but it drives me nuts.

My ear (Inside) are always iching, and I always have dried up earwax in them. I can't stand this, what should I do?????

I know the doctor said one time, I had a tiny pin hole in one ear, and scaring in both, I just can't leave them alone.

PLEASE HELP ME.

God Bless,
Donna

Old 04-12-2006, 07:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Re: Oh God, Please help....ears.....

Oh come on, 13 have check it out, but no response? Come on, someone has to be a pro? I know that you are out there.....lol.....pls.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2006, 08:59 AM   #3
(male)

Yikes777 HB User

I really can't offer much, but I didn't want you to feel like nobody cared. LOL

I would assume that you've seen a good ENT? You didn't mention alot of fluid coming out so this may help. I read in the newspaper about something that sounds similar and was caused by a form of dermatits.

I wish I had more kiddo!

Good luck.

Jack

Old 04-12-2006, 11:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

No, I have not been to A ENT, does your doctor have to refer you to one?

Thank you for the feedback.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:43 PM   #5
(male)

Yikes777 HB User

That depends on your insurance. Most PPOs allow you to go ahead and make the appointment while most HMOs make you get a referal from your Primary care Physician. If this is the case be firm, as they are credited by the HMO by how many referals they make during the year. It's wrong and in some states it's illegal, but still done often. But again, you may just have something your Dr can diagnose and treat right away but don't wait too long, as there is no reason for you to not have answers to your questions.

When you go, make sure it is a reputable ENT.

Good luck,

Jack

Old 04-13-2006, 01:19 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you Jack, You have been a big help.

Old 04-13-2006, 01:33 PM   #7
(female)

TMVance128 HB User

Hi,

I feel for you! I am an adult and still get ear infections. Was told i have very small like a child drainage tubes if worded it right but anyway I keep fluid in my ears because they do not drain well. Just being out in the wind bothers my ears mainly the left ear more so. When I take a shower I use that wax ear plugs you can get off shelf at most stores. Its soft and you can shape it easily. I too had ear plugs in childhood. It was to help my ears to drain fluid better. I do not believe having the tubes caused the infections that I have had the past couple of year. If anything I probably need some put in again. Or just don't get water in my ears. Went swimming last summer and paid for it later with serious ear infection. The ear problems too can really be caused for allergys. If you have allergies try taking Benadryl for a few days when you start feeling that sensation of pains or like your ear it stopping up and see if that helps I have found that it helps me just wish I had known earlier. I found out thru my sons ENT that his allergys caused ear problems too. And you can get at most pharmacys a bottle of thing called "swimmers ear" use it at home just from washing your hair to keep the water dried up in your ears. I need another bottle now myself. Good luck...

Old 04-16-2006, 06:34 PM   #8
(female)

bugjune HB User

Hi,
Yow. That ear itching sounds .... itchy!

I'm no ENT expert, but I'm surprised your tubes are still in place! This procedure is usually done on kids, whose eustacion tubes have not formed yet or are still developing. Typically, the tubes would be removed after several years, cuz they ARE a foreign object and may ultimately cause reactions if left in too long. In addition, tubes left in place will increase your chance for fluid build-up in the middle ear ... and that spells INFECTION.

I'd also recommend you get a referral to a qualified ENT doc asap. The scarring in your ears may be the result of the tubal insertion procedure. But a pin***** hole does not sound good either. That could mean perforated eardrum?

Get this checked out, cuz you are definitely not supposed to be inserting Qtips waaaaay into the ear. You may end up scratching the canal (and get an infection) or puncturing an eardrum.

Hope you get this attended to!

Old 04-17-2006, 12:09 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

arlmon18 HB User

I definately agree - see a repuptable ENT - they are experienced in their field and will know how to treat you. It's no use suffering when you can get help.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:04 PM   #10
(female)

Sucha HB User

Hi,
I just read your post now and am wondering if you still have the problem or found out any info. I have similar symptoms- all the sudden within the last few months it seems to have gotten worse. My ears, inside, just itch so much. I too have used Qtips to clean them out and yes, even scratch the itch, which I know is a no no but i can't help it because it helps a tiny bit. Its both of my ears, although sometimes more so my left ear. My left ear has been cleaned out by an ENT once, but it didn't stop the itching. Also, when I went to the ENT he gave me a prescription for a betamethasone valerate solution that I can put in my ear if it itches, but your not supposed to put it in the ear canal so that doesn't help me much.
I think part of my problem may be due to the fact that I wear a phone headset on my left ear 5 days a week, usually a good 7 hours of the day. Its for my job. During the time I have the headset on, its like my ear "sweats" and gets moist inside. I am trying to find out if anyone else has experienced that also, who works with a headset.
Anyway, let me know if you found out anything about what is causing yours or waht to do.

Carol

Old 07-15-2006, 01:13 AM   #11
(female)

lubdien HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmylover
Hi, I am a 39 year old woman, and when I was a child I had tubes put in my hears, now I don't know if this has anything to do with my ear problems, but I is driving me crazy .

My hears always feel like they have fluid in them, I am constantly using a Q-tip, I know that is bad, but it drives me nuts.

My ear (Inside) are always iching, and I always have dried up earwax in them. I can't stand this, what should I do?????

I know the doctor said one time, I had a tiny pin hole in one ear, and scaring in both, I just can't leave them alone.

PLEASE HELP ME.

God Bless,
Donna

I had same problem doctor said it was inflamed ears , dont insert anything in the ears you could be impacting the ear wax even more ...

Closed Thread