It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2006, 10:54 AM   #1
(female)

pancakebaby HB User
Tonsil bump

So last month i one day realized that i ad a weird bump on my right tonsil. Its not a tonsil stone, its not white or some foriegn object, its a bump. a swelled up part of my tonsil i guess. That tonsil was a bit bigger than the other one as well. I went to the NP here a school and the guy looked at it and said "it doesnt surprise me" What is that suppoesed to mean? he didnt do anything for it. Two weeks ago i got a cold that hit me in a matter of two hours: sore throat runny nose. i got better in a few days. Now two weeks after i got that cold, i have a sore throat again. I am thinking this must have something to do with the bump on my tonsil, tonsils are part of your immune system right? so maybe that is why i have gotten sick twice in the past two weeks? i would just really like to know what this bump is and if it needs to be looked at.

Old 04-12-2006, 07:33 PM   #2
(female)

pancakebaby HB User
Re: Tonsil bump

No one has any suggestions? I'd atleast like SOME input, even if you have no idea ... please?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2006, 12:30 PM   #3
(female)

wiltingflower HB User

tonsils are normally bumpy in appearance. I know i have a bump that sticks out like a sore thumb on one of mine and it never varies in appearance. I assume it has something to do with the structure of the tonsil. They change size and appearance from years to years you know. And there is a period they say where they shrink in size so i assumed my case was parts were starting to shrink and that part just sorta...well didn't. If ANY bump in your mouth (or other part of your body for that matter) concerns you go to a doctor just to be on the safe side. Specifically one that wont just say " oh that doesn't surprise me"

Old 04-14-2006, 09:47 AM   #4
(female)

pancakebaby HB User

Thanks for the insight, I have an appointment today to try and figure out what exactly is going on ... hopefully it will just be as you said, a normal bump I'll let you know what the doc thinks ...

Closed Thread