It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
(female)

tonsilfamily HB User
Tonsillectomy Post-Op day 10

Well, things are getting better. It's awfully raw in there, though, where the scabs have come off. I feel like it could split open any time and start bleeding.

I realized today that I cannot let out a big yawn. It hurts SO bad! Yet the urge to yawn is overwhelming at times.

Ugh. Will I ever feel normal???
I know I will, but it just seems so impossible right now.

Went out to dinner with the family tonight. I was determined not to order soup, so I ordered this hot crab/artichoke dip with pita bread. I really couldn't eat it for the most part, I just kind of picked on it. But it was warm, soft, and mushy, and it tasted really good because it was garlicky. I kind of ate around the chunks of artichokes, but was able to mush up the crab meat pretty good and swallow. Course I did take my meds before we went, so that helped.

Off to bed!

Old 04-14-2006, 03:11 AM   #2
(female)

Catt18 HB User
Re: Tonsillectomy Post-Op day 10

ahh you're at 10 days and you are stil having trouble eating??ahh im going to starve then! geez! I'm only on my 4th day and think im starving...haha i went to jack in the box with a friend and couln't resist ordering something.. I came home and sliced my hamburger up into little tiny pieces and attempted to eat it painful... I'm soooooooo hungry though.
jasmine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2006, 05:55 AM   #3
(female)

prairie3 HB User

Thank you so much for posting your experiences - My sister is 48 years old and is having a tonsillectomy/adnoidectomy next Monday. I'm going to stay with her for a few days - and have found the messages on this board so helpful. This helps me understand what she may be going through.

Any advice for a caregiver?

Thank you!

Last edited by prairie3; 04-14-2006 at 07:45 AM.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:46 PM   #4
(female)

megaroo83 HB User

I wrote a post about it already, but I am on about day 8.

I keep vomitting from either scabs or something on the top of my mouth. it feels like a flap falls down and it gags me until i puke.

Do you get this at all?

Its killing me.

I literally haven't eaten... anything really today. I had a bowl of chicken noodle.. i had a banana (i dont recommend this) but I puked it up. and then i had a chocolate bar (haha).

I am so weak, I just want to sleep.

I don't know what to do. This is literally hell.

Old 04-15-2006, 04:54 AM   #5
(female)

Catt18 HB User

ahh you are on day 8?? Geez! Hmm well I had mine done on Monday... SO im on about day 5ish... My throat hurts pretty bad still... I find that it hurts the MOST when i wake up in the morning and haven't swallowed for awhile...I ended up taking more pain medicine today but am really trying to back off of it. haha Maybe i should save it for my second week. I do have ear pain-- in both ears-- very uncomfortable BUT i can live with that.. I am honestly starving-- I caved in a few times today eating stuff i probably shouldn't have (very very very painful) I had some french fries (yum!), haha potato chips ( very well chewed i must say), chicken noodle soup.... slurpies from 7-11... macaroni...and oatmeal... I'm slightly concerned haha because I have a really hard time gaining weight-- and it is very easy for me to lose weight....sooo as you can imagine its getting pretty bad (im 18 and have had a fast metabolism my whole life so far-- im 5'51/2 and weigh normally 111 but have dropped down to 100! SO i've been drinking health drinks like slim fast-- ect... to try to add some more calories... but i've found once i lose weight its really hard to put back on ahh! so this is quite tough-- I was also wondering if any of you have had problems with bleeding-- I'm always worried eating too many hard foods too fast will split my throat open.... also this is kind of gross but i seem to have a sinus infection as well or something....I have a build up of mucus in the back of my throat and like back of my nose--- I am having the HARDEST time clearing this.. ??? is there anything i could do? I can't cough...--- as it hurts and am afraid to--- any suggestions?
jasmine

Old 04-15-2006, 07:20 PM   #6
(female)

tonsilfamily HB User

Well, you may want to steer clear of some of those foods for awhile, those may be leaving too much mucous.
Also, keep in mind that I'm twice your age, so you are probably recovering twice as fast, that's why you are already eating stuff that I haven't even imagined yet!

Closed Thread