It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2006, 03:07 AM   #1
(female)

Catt18 HB User
Thumbs up tonsillectomy 4 days ago :(

Hey everyone... Well I got my tonsils out about 4 days ago... (Monday the 10th) I've been reading some people's reactions post surgery...and found that Today I have actually experienced less pain then in the VERY beginning. THANK GOD (who knows it will probably get bad again) I have actually been able to eat my first bit of food since the surgery...and drank liquids a lot better! The first few days i found that my mouth was VERY VERY SORE! My tongue which i thought was very odd! My Uvula (hangy thing in the back of throat!) was incrediblyl swollen....and hanging quite a ways down the back of my throat This was extremely uncomfortable as i many times confused it with muscus or "something lodged in the back of my throat" and would try to swallow it... Which was just extremely painful... I think the swelling has gone down a bit today--as it's easier to swallow.... I still have quite a bit of pain though. I've stopped taking my pain medication yesterday as it was making me extremely IRRITABLE! haha the littlest things began to bother me! I couldn't deal with that...and would much rather have slight pain then get mad at every little thing! lol I also noticed a blood blister on the left side of my throat on the white part kinda where my tonsils used to be...Is this okay?? hmm Well hopefully I don't get worse and only get better.. OH and another annoying thing...When i sleep it seems that i want to cough all night.. Im literally choking...but can't cough in fear of hurting something back there... Earlier today i was coughing up quite a bit of blood BUt that went away for now Please let me know how you guys are healing...or what you've experienced
jasmine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2006, 07:24 PM   #2
(female)

tonsilfamily HB User
Re: tonsillectomy 4 days ago :(

I'm glad you feel somewhat better, but watch out fir day 6,7,8,9.
That's when the scabbing is most likely to start coming off, and it hurts very bad! I didn't cry up until day 7. That was my worst day.

Well, I would keep an eye on the coughing up blood. That's no good!

I'm day 12 post Op, and I am finally starting to feel better. Still taking the meds 2 x day, though.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:47 PM   #3
(female)

KatieD11505 HB User
Question Tonsillectomy 6 days ago :(

Hey fellow Tonsilsilectomy patients,
I'm 18 and i got my tonsils out 6 days ago. this is the worst pain i've ever felt in my entire life. i can't eat, talk and barely drink. i lost 15 lbs. and my Dr. said this is all very normal im concerned though very much. and i'm very hungy. i've been waking up every 4 hours in tears just to take more medicine that isnt helping the pain at all its just making me very tired. if anyone has any suggestions that would be wonderful my e-mail address it [email]REMOVED[/email].
Thanks SO much,
Katie D*

Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-25-2006 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Please honor your membership agreement. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:51 PM   #4
(male)

ac0005 HB User
Re: tonsillectomy 4 days ago :(

I also had a tonsillectomy 4 days ago (4/20). I used up my prescription medication within the 1st 3 days. I am down to over the counter liquid Tylenol now. Compared to the other stories on this board, I guess my pain is more middle of the road. I was able to start eating soft food on day 3, and today I had some higher protein food - because the liquid diet is upsetting my digestive system quite a bit.

My throat is still sore, but I am glad that I can open enough to brush my teeth and mask the rotten flesh taste in my mouth. Fever and chill seems to be a problem, as I find it very hard to concentrate for more than a couple of hours straight without retreating to bed.

A.

Closed Thread