It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
(female)

LisaMP HB UserLisaMP HB UserLisaMP HB User
Feeling Icky Pre-Surgery

Hi all,

I'm having surgery a week from this coming Wednesday, and I seem to still be battling fevers, and on again/off again throat pain. My tonsil (left) is infected, I think...it seems to be oozing pus on occasion from behind the tonsil...I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem just before their surgery. My GP did a strep test a few weeks ago, when I was feeling the same way...basically like crap!, and the strep test came back negative...I'm hoping my ENT is still able to go ahead with surgery... I have my pre-op on Tuesday so will know for sure then...Is anyone else about to head in to the big Tonsillectomy or a recent recoveree and can offer some insight??

Old 04-17-2006, 06:30 AM   #2
(female)

redfishbluefish HB User
Talking Re: Feeling Icky Pre-Surgery

Hopefully you read this before going in!

I had my tonsils out 4 weeks ago (and am feeling great now!) and the day before i started getting a really itchy throat. They took my temperature before surgery and it was a bit high but they still went ahead with it.

They take infected tonsils out all the time.
Likely they will just give you a strong course of antibiotics to make sure if the infection if anywhere other than the tonsils that it doesn't spread.

They said my tonsils were extremely infected when they took them out and if I wasn't booked in for a tonsillectomy that day I probably would have ended in hospital with a bad case of tonsilitis and had to have them out anyway!!

Good luck with the surgery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2006, 04:40 PM   #3
(female)

LisaMP HB UserLisaMP HB UserLisaMP HB User
Re: Feeling Icky Pre-Surgery

Redfishbluefish,

Thanks for the reply...Funny I noticed the scratchy itch in my throat today...I can't wait to have this done...I've done a lot of reading on what to expect and am feeling much calmer.

Lisa

Closed Thread