It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
(female)

megaroo83 HB User
8 days after Tonsilectomy and vomitting.. help!

Alright,

I got my tonsils removed on April 6th. I also got a quadroscopy.

The pain is basically gone (i've been off painkillers since day 6). I still can't open my mouth all the way. I still can't really eat.

But the last two days have been causing me problems.

The back of my throat gets itchy and scratchy.. like I should cough or clear it. So, I attempt to, and like... it feels like a flap comes down on the top of my mouth. This causes me to throw up.

The puking has NOTHING to do with my stomach, and just with my gag reflex.

Is this just scabs trying to come off? or is it my soft pallet coming off (that's what it feels like). Because it feels like a flap is coming off... its horrible.

What's going on?!? I am going insane here! Is this normal?!?

Last edited by megaroo83; 04-14-2006 at 04:10 PM.

Old 04-15-2006, 04:57 AM   #2
(female)

Catt18 HB User
Re: 8 days after Tonsilectomy and vomitting.. help!

wow. that sounds absolutely awful. I'm really sorry! can't wait until i get there! haha i have 3 more days! I will let you know-- i have yet to experience this yikes! I'm sorry-- hang in there-- My guess would be its the scabs falling off ouch.
jasmine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2006, 06:03 AM   #3
(female)

Catt18 HB User

hahahaha i think i spoke too soon. Well I don't know if this is what you mean but let me describe what just happened.... Okay i started brushing my teeth and began to choke--- i was trying not to cough very hard due to the pain-- but ended up spitting out part of the white scab-- a bunch of it peeled off--- YUCK! Now the skin underneath feels completely raw and *****ely-- scratchy?? I don't know if you know what i mean? IT HURTS SOOO BAD. My ear and jaw pain doubled after that--- It kinda feels like when you blow a balloon up too fast or try to hard and your cheeks tingle-- well i have that in my jaw and ear. every time i breath in i find that the scab on the left side now "flaps" like moves-- ( i can't breath through my nose as it is plugged-- haha i think i mentioned something about that in an earlier post) so yes i am suddenly in a ton of pain. TON of pain. hmm i guess the first few days weren't so bad. i just took more of that stupid pain killer i was prescribed although i absolutely HATE it.. and the way it makes me feel. ahh! I just wish this would go away
jasmine

Old 04-15-2006, 07:16 PM   #4
(female)

tonsilfamily HB User

Sounds like the scabs.
That was the absolute worse part of the pain for me, when those started coming off. Day 7 and 8.

Closed Thread