It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
(female)

leslie lou HB User
am i going NUTS

can these ear things ( i have negitive ear pressure in my ear for a year now i am having tube surgery on the 28th where the dr ia going to put a tube in the ) cause you to have wierd sensations in your body,and make you feel like you are going NUTS!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
(female)

bugjune HB User
Re: am i going NUTS

I'm no doc, but believe me, "ear things" CAN make one feel nuts! I'm talking about ear aches, ear infections, negative pressure conditions, ringing in the ears, hearing loss, all that!

My own perspective is that when we aren't hearing/feeling normal, the body may feel worn down all over. I just had two bouts of otitis externa (outer ear infection) and was so stressed I could hardly sleep.

It sounds like the tube insertion you'll be getting should fix the negative pressure condition. Basically, it will keep your eustacion tube "open" and not compressed. I've never had that condition, but imagine it would be like walking around with semi-plugged ears. If one ear is impacted more than the other, you may even feel out of balance.

Good luck with the surgery!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2006, 07:43 PM   #3
(female)

leslie lou HB User

thank you for your imput, when i tell the dr how my head feels i just feel like he is looking at me like i am crazy, which surely does not help, i tell him i feel like i cant think straight?, and i dont tell him this but it feels like i am drunk!!!!

Old 04-17-2006, 11:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User

No, youre definitely not going nuts. I've had the ringing in my ears, plugged up feeling for a long time now, and I feel drunk 24/7, along with lots of brain fog. I had tubes put in my ears and it didnt help with the drunk feeling at all (not saying it wont for you)--i've heard many great success stories when getting them put it. They did help some with my pressure though. Good luck, let us know how it goes!!!!

schao

Closed Thread