It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2006, 01:19 PM   #1
(male)

uk_worried_guy HB User
Unhappy Aaaaaaargh!!!!!!! Any Thoughts??? Worried!

Hello everyone!

I'm going a bit mad here, i've had (what have been diagnosed as) Sinus Problems for quite some time, but its getting so frustrating, i've got such a 'constellation' of symptoms that i took matters into my own hands (researching on internet) and have really scared myself that it could be something more sinister. I am an otherwise 'healthy' mid twenties guy, no history of any diseases on either side of family as far back as i can remember, otherwise was very active, healthy eater etc, though very stressful job, and use mobile phone way too much!

right, here are my symptoms...

1. 'pressure' sensation and discomfort in forehead, and around eyes

2. 'blocked' feeling in ears, muffling sounds

3. stiff neck

4. quite a lot of general fatigue

5. 'brain fog' - feeling like i am unable to concentrate, feeling less sharp than normal, feeling like my memory isn't so good, and that i am unable to 'articulate' myself as much as i should normally be able to!

6. jaw discomfort (stiffness, clicking, popping)

7. feel drowsy & lethargic most of the time, always yawning.

8. feel anxious, and quite 'burnt out'

9. cold hands & feet!

10. occasional numbness in face (nothing serious, just feels odd)

11. discomfort and pain at back of neck, behind ears, and running underneath to the base of the skull?

I had an MRI about a year ago which was clear, and have had numerous blood tests, in fact, i had a blood test covering a number of areas about a week ago which was clear!

The doctor has said that he suspects a 'viral' illness basically triggered the sinus problem about a year ago which seems to have gone chronic, and he also says that all-the-above are apparent with sinus problems, and viral illnesses!

I, on the other hand, have largely convinced myself that it is something considerably more sinister, specifically, a brain tumor or something like that!

Any thoughts?

UK Worried Guy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2006, 06:51 AM   #2
(male)

uk_worried_guy HB User
Re: Aaaaaaargh!!!!!!! Any Thoughts??? Worried!

any thoughts??? your feedback would be much appreciated!!!!

Old 04-20-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
(female)

conniel HB User

Hey, I like your title. that's great!

I don't know how you got your infection, but your symptons sounds like mine.
I got a severe infection after a knee surgery, staph infection. It took about 1 week to fester in my ear, the whole ear ( Mastoid, the bone behind the ear), At first, it looks like a reg ear infection, but if they don't take a MRI, and find out that the Mastoid bone is severely infected.
I kept tell the DR's I still hurt, no your ear is fine, no the L side of my face is heavy,w/ severe pain, neck pain, L side of face staping pain, L eye swells ,
pain, pain, morphine, doesn't help. 4yrs before I got a DR. to look at a MRI that was done back then, take a new MRI and they showed that I had a severe Mastoid Infection, which w/ medication it could of treated I might of help, Mastoid Infection depending on how bad has to have surgery, where they drill a hole behind your ear and drain the infection. If they get all the infection out your ok and meds will help. but just keep having it checked. But w/ me it took me(VA Hospital) 4yrs to get out of that system and got to a reg dr. One visit, I had a MRI, 2 week I had the surgery where they drained the infection, BUT BECAUSE IT TOOK SO LONG, THE INFECTION WAS THERE SO LONG, MY INFECTION, IS STILL THE AND i JUST FOUND OUT TODAY ON THIS SITE,IF IS'T TREATED FOR EVERY IT CAN SPREAD.
So, if I where you, don't panic, just ask your doc to do a MRI if he has not,
if he has, you got me, but every symtom you have I have and we will work together to find an answer. so don't give up. and this is my 1st day here, but lots of time many hrs on line, reseaching my ear problem, so well work together. have a great day and will see what I find connie

Old 04-25-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
(male)

paul4885 HB User

I suggest that you visit the tmj board. Every symptom you just described is what I used to feel and it took me months to figure out what was the matter. It turned out that I had tmj and though I am not back to 100% I am much better. I can go into more detail with you if you like but I would bet my last dollar that you are having tmj problems.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:44 AM   #5
(male)

Yikes777 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul4885
I suggest that you visit the tmj board. Every symptom you just described is what I used to feel and it took me months to figure out what was the matter. It turned out that I had tmj and though I am not back to 100% I am much better. I can go into more detail with you if you like but I would bet my last dollar that you are having tmj problems.
I also have the same symptoms and a few more which I have been searching for answers for. This has been going on for over a year. I have had many tests and scans... all come up clear. On paper I'm a healthy guy. LOL

I went the TMJ route and read many books on the subject and became quite excited. I spent a few thousand dollars on treatment from a Dentist who seemed to be great, but no improvement. I'm not saying that this may not be the cause and hold hope for people, as I have heard great stories, but my experience was not good and the result was no money and lots of symptoms.

Any other possibilities come to mind? If so please let me know!

Thanks and good luck!

Jack

Old 05-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #6
(male)

paul4885 HB User

Pretty much every symptom you described I have had or have. This is what I am doing now after about a year of heavy research and different treatments. I am in braces to correct my teeth and jaw placement, that will help with the tmj and jaw discomfort. I am also seeing a physical therapist for all the other syptoms. It seems that almost all of my head pain and discomfort are being caused from my neck and shoulder area referring the pain to it.

Closed Thread