It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 01:47 PM   #1
(female)

Hell Camino HB User
Pain when swallowing

Hello all, I already posted on the Allergy board, but I probably should've posted here.

Sometimes, when I try to swallow something, like water, I get a small pain in my upper neck, like near my throat. It's doesn't feel like an internal pain, it feels like it's coming from the outside (if that makes any sense). I typed in "pain when swallowing" in google and was bombarded with "Pain or Burning when Swallowing" returns, when I don't feel any burning at all.

I don't feel the pain all the time, just sometimes when I try to drink. It's feels like maybe a muscle pain or something. And it's about 2 inches below my chin. Last Thursday, I felt like I had popcorn or something stuck in the left side of my throat. I don't know if this is related or not.

I had a feeling it might be my sinuses, but that theory is getting shot to hell because my congestion is starting to clear up. Someone on the Allergy board thinks I might have my doctor check for tonsilitis. Is this something that you catch? Because no one I know is sick. I looked at my tonsils, and I don't see anything out of the ordinary (yet). Of course, I haven't got the flashlight out yet and really looked.

Any help or suggestions would make my day.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:30 AM   #2

cheechloh HB User
Re: Pain when swallowing

sounds like you may have strep throat
you should go get it checked out with the docter , it may just be a swollen gland or infection of the throat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread