It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2006, 07:51 AM   #1
(female)

crossmyheart<3 HB User
Question tonsillitis

I have tonsillitis and I was wondering if it can cause thick post-nasal drip?

Old 04-22-2006, 10:43 AM   #2
(female)

megaroo83 HB User
Re: tonsillitis

Yup.

At least I did.

I had the WORST. I already had the white crap in my tonsils gagging me, having mucus caught in my throat did not help the situation.

Thank god my tonsils are now in the hospitals bio-hazzard bin....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2006, 02:53 PM   #3
(female)

crossmyheart<3 HB User

Thanks for the reply. My post-nasal drip has really been bothering me and I've ruled out many of the things that could be causing it. I've tried antibiotics for my tonsillitis and it didn't clear up the infection so I'm going to look into getting them out. Congrats on getting yours out.

Last edited by crossmyheart<3; 04-22-2006 at 02:55 PM.

Old 04-22-2006, 04:09 PM   #4
(female)

megaroo83 HB User

If they bug you a lot, then yeah. get them ripped out. its the most painful thing i have ever experienced, and I've broken many bones.

I joke how Id rather give birth to a landmine then go through that pain again, but it will be worth it in the long run.

Old 05-10-2006, 07:14 AM   #5
(female)

crossmyheart<3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by massieUK
My tonsillitis started after my yearly Hayfever attack, the hayfever lasted almost 3 weeks with symptoms such as: fever, sneeze, runny nose, itchy eyes and sometimes headaches, luckily all those symptoms cleared up, but my tonsillitis stayed swollen to this day, my doctor said "the tonsils are not infected but very swollen"
is anyone out there who had the same misfortune?
please advise
acually yeah, infact my doctor thought i had tonsillitis maybe i did who knows, i dont now but they are very swollen ... its my choice whether i want them out or not i just don't know if they have anything to do with my symptoms.

Last edited by crossmyheart<3; 05-10-2006 at 07:16 AM.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:20 PM   #6
(female)

stressedtothema HB User

The same thing happened to me. I live on the east coast and have reacted very badly to the pollen this year. My throat has been dry and my tonsils have been swollen for the past three weeks. The post nasal drip is out of control and I am constantly clearing my throat - which is aggitating in more. Finally it rained - and I thought releif....but that did not happen. My tonsils have bumps all over them (not white patchy - bumps) the same color as the tonsil - and they are soooo swollen - still. They are not infected - they just hurt and I feel like I have two marbles stuck in my throat. I actually looked with a flashlight and found that that have formed a pocket from being so bumpy. I have no answers for you - but I can say..you are not alone. I know allergy season has been brutal this year. I'm giving it one more week to go away...and then off to the ENT I go. Let me know how you are doing - or if you find any relief to share.

Old 05-23-2006, 03:13 PM   #7
(male)

Backpacker80 HB User

Hey massieUK -

I don't know how much you can relate your situation to mine, but I got tonsillitis at the end of Feb. I went through several rounds of antibiotics and each time the pus and redness would go away, but they would remain swollen. I was diagnosed as having a chronic infection. The doctor described it as having an infection that antibiotics would clear up 95% of, but 5% of the infection was 'walled off' in the tonsil and would never go away until the tonsils were removed. Obviously this type of diagnosis is somewhat speculative, but I had my tonsils removed last wednesday, and the surgery confirmed the diagnosis.

Old 06-05-2006, 11:00 AM   #8
(female)

xconvixtxx HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaroo83
Yup.

At least I did.

I had the WORST. I already had the white crap in my tonsils gagging me, having mucus caught in my throat did not help the situation.

Thank god my tonsils are now in the hospitals bio-hazzard bin....

i have that same problem.. i should get mine out too, cuz even swallowing WATER makes me wince.. =[

Old 06-18-2006, 08:26 AM   #9
(female)

horsechick07 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedtothema
The same thing happened to me. I live on the east coast and have reacted very badly to the pollen this year. My throat has been dry and my tonsils have been swollen for the past three weeks. The post nasal drip is out of control and I am constantly clearing my throat - which is aggitating in more. Finally it rained - and I thought releif....but that did not happen. My tonsils have bumps all over them (not white patchy - bumps) the same color as the tonsil - and they are soooo swollen - still. They are not infected - they just hurt and I feel like I have two marbles stuck in my throat. I actually looked with a flashlight and found that that have formed a pocket from being so bumpy. I have no answers for you - but I can say..you are not alone. I know allergy season has been brutal this year. I'm giving it one more week to go away...and then off to the ENT I go. Let me know how you are doing - or if you find any relief to share.

did u ever find out what the cause was? i have the same thing..

Old 06-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #10
(female)

stressedtothema HB User

Actually ...no I didn't. It is still happening on and off. I did find the waterpik suggestion helpful ..but not a cure. I don't think I have those stones everyone else is troubled with..but who knows??? I know I should see a doc about it. When I get a day when I have no trouble - I get a false sense that nothing is wrong - and I just have to deal with it. I'll post is I ever find out!

Closed Thread