It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2006, 07:45 PM   #1
(female)

Ryusui HB User
Tonsillectomy scabs

I'm sixteen and in my tenth day post-op, does anyone have any idea about when the scabs are supposed to come off? My throat is still feeling pretty rough, but thats probably due to the fact I just got done with a speech and debate tournament, but I heard the scabs came off after 5 days, and I've had no signs of them coming off. Also, I'm on antibiotics as usual, but I'm coughing up bacterial phlem, should I be really concerned about this?

Old 04-22-2006, 09:38 PM   #2
(female)

tonsilfamily HB User
Re: Tonsillectomy scabs

Chances are, your scabs already came off for the most part. you may have some "stragglers", but usually they come off days 6-9.
You're pretty young, though, so you probably recover much quicker, with less pain, than us older folks! Haha!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2006, 09:53 PM   #3
(female)

Ryusui HB User

No, the scabs are intact, I've shined a light in the back of my throat and used a tongue depresser to look, I've still got the whole scab there, on both sides

Old 04-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #4
(female)

tonsilfamily HB User

Hmmm. Well, you will probably know when they wil come off. The pain intensity is on a whole other level. At least it was for me, and many others here. I can't imagine the scabs will hang on too much longer.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:44 AM   #5
(female)

Ryusui HB User

I have one other concern though, I just finished my perscription of antibiotics, but I'm coughing up phlem, and its yellow, like it has bacteria in it, should I be concerned?

Old 04-26-2006, 04:50 PM   #6
(female)

othyellow HB User

im on day 16 and my throat has white "scabs" were my tonsils were. what is that?

Old 04-26-2006, 09:41 PM   #7
(female)

tonsilfamily HB User

That could be part of the scabs. I coughed up yellow phlegm too while recovering, and since the scabs are yellowish, I assumed it was scabbing.
Ewwww.

Closed Thread