It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2006, 06:08 PM   #1
(female)

travkrisjas HB User
Blisters after tonsillectomy

These are driving me crazy! I had my tonsils out in Nov. of last year. About two months afterward, I started getting these blisters. Sometimes there would be one on the left side, sometimes on the right. They're clear and just keep getting bigger until I bust them, or something I eat busts them. They're pretty painful too. They are right next to where my tonsils used to be, but more on the upper side of my mouth. But, they always come back at the same place on those sides. Anyone else have this problem, or know what it is?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #2
(female)

megaroo83 HB User
Re: Blisters after tonsillectomy

Ew. Sorry, but it had to be said.

I have a tonsilectomy 3 weeks ago, and i have bumps, but I figure its just still swollen. They aren't blisters.

Did you say they are almost see-through? How big do they get?

I'd go to the doc about this...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #3
(female)

travkrisjas HB User

Yes, they are clear blisters and I've noticed that they only come up after a eat something. I'm thinking maybe its some sort of allergy. I think its funny though that they started after my tonsillectomy. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and getting them checked out. They get about the size of a pencil eraser, sometimes bigger.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:36 PM   #4
(female)

Nicola720 HB User

I also had a tonsillectomy last March. However, I have not developed any kind of blisters; although I still get throat infections.

Keep us updated on your progress

Old 06-20-2006, 07:22 AM   #5

rivkah HB User

this has been happening to me!

i had my tonsils out last november and for the past couple of months i've been getting these little blisters where my tonsils used to be and they're painful as all hell. if i don't burst them with a fingernail they make eating and drinking really uncomfortable. i was wondering what they were, so i did a search here.

i wonder if anyone has an answer?

Old 06-22-2006, 05:52 PM   #6
(female)

travkrisjas HB User

I went to my family doctor last week and she said she thought it could be some kind of food allergy since I only get them during or immediately after I eat. She told me to start taking benedryl or something like that everyday and see if it helps. She said it may not since that's more for environmental allergies, but she said to try it first. She told me if it didn't help then she would refer me to an allergist and they'd do allergy tests to see what I'm allergic to. So far, the food seem to be ketchup, anything bbq, french fries, mashed potatoes and.....get this.....Carefree gum. Weird, huh? The thing is, it won't do it every time I eat these. Oh well, at least I found out something. FYI.....instead of benedryl, I've been taking ChlorTrimaton (sp?) because benedryl knocks me out... and it seems to be helping.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:00 PM   #7
(male)

mirro79 HB User

i had my tonsils out april,and i have these little blisters from a month ago.
what happened with yours blisters ,travkrisjas?
i wonder if you answer me.thank you!!!

Closed Thread