It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #1
(female)

leahbeans HB User
Red face Ear disorder or something else?

Okay, I'll try to keep this as short as possible.....I have always had some kind of dizziness on and off for the past few years. Anxiety-Eustachian tube ---I don't know. 2 years ago I had 2 MRI's and a CAT scan, negative results on both. Now almost 2 months ago I had a severe head cold that lasted for 2 weeks, the doc gave me antibiotics for ear pain and fullness(it was probably viral so it didnt help) all the other symptoms cleared up, except for the ear fullness, sharp shooting pains a few times a day, dizziness, eye focusing problems and just weird feelings in my head.
I AM A HYPOCHONDRIAC and I suffer from panic and anxiety, but when I went in last time she didnt even look at my ears, she just did some simple nuero tests, blood work and gave me nasonex and sent me on my way. Do I wait this out and see how it goes or should I go in again? I had a ENT appointment but found out that day that my insurance was cancelled, probably should reschdule that one. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Old 04-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

arlmon18 HB User
Re: Ear disorder or something else?

I had a bad head cold also, and I had fluid in both ears. It's now almost 6 weeks and my ears still don't feel right. 3 doctors told me this could take weeks to clear up. I'm taking nasonex as well - once a day. Monday I go back to the ENT to check again. As for your dizziness, have you been checked for vertigo? An ENT would be the best person for you to see. It's very bothersome to have "clogged" ears, I know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread