It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #1
(female)

countrysummer81 HB User
Problem with throat

Last Friday night (actually, the Friday before last, so more like 10 days ago) I came down with a sore throat and when I woke in the morning I had the absolute worst sore throat ever and had a little fever. As the days went by I developed a bad cough, which my doctor said was pneumonia (I'm prone to that because of weak lungs). My cough cleared last night. On this past Friday I started getting the occasional sensation that something was blocking my airway at the bottom of my throat (like where your trachea is). Now it is a constant feeling. I feel like the airway is partially blocked and have trouble swallowing. It feels stiff on the left side at the bottom of my throat. The only way I am comfortable breathing is if I use my BiPap machine. My mom says this will go away and is probably just irritation, but it's getting worse. What could this be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2006, 06:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
Re: Problem with throat

Same with me. I started w/burning sore throat, now I have temp, it hurts to cough & I feel like I have something hung in my lower throat or top of bronchial tubes. One side of my throat is swollen. Can you tell if your glands are swollen? What did the Dr give you? Hope you're better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
(female)

countrysummer81 HB User
Re: Problem with throat

I'm not sure if my glands are swollen. I was first given Ceftin, but had an allergic reaction to it, so I'm now on Clindomyicin and Tetracycline (sp) for a possible bacterial infection.

Closed Thread