It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2006, 11:46 AM   #1
(female)

ariesgirly HB User
Toungue spots

I recently had a problem with yeast in my espohagus. It has been over a month since I went off Diflucan. Now I am noticing these white raised bumpy, rough patches on my tongue. It hurts & is sore a little too. The thing is that I do not chew my nails or have even come close to putting anything flithy in my mouth (not even sex related things either ) What is this & what doctor should I be seeing? Do I go back to the gastroenterologist or see an ear nose & throat doctor. Does anyone know what this may be? Is it Geographic Toungue or Thrush?

Old 05-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #2
(female)

LisaNB HB User
Re: Toungue spots

I have recently gone to my doctor and he diagnosed me with Geographical Tounge. What in the world it is, I'm not real sure. It's like these areas on my tounge that come up like the top layer of my tounge is coming off. It's hard to explain, kinda sore once and a while. But it's not always like that, sometimes it looks fine, then it comes and it changes areas also. Funny thing is, my Dr. say's I have a healthy, normal tounge. The tounge is changing shape or something like that. But he says it's normal and it will likely go away within time. To be honest with you, doesn't look normal to me.. but I guess I gotta trust him.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread