It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
(female)

desertRose17 HB User
burning,pain and redness... is this strep ?

On wednesday night i was starting to feel some pain and irritation in my throat (like the feeling you get after you shout or scream) thought it was nothing and went to bed. the next morning i woke up with pain and a burning sensation in my throat, i didn't have a runny nose or post-nasal drip or swollen tonsils. i looked in the mirror and the soft area right above my tonsils (the soft palate) on both sides is red. at first i thought it was allergy or something because it's definitely not a cold so i ignored it thinking it will pass, but it didn't!
the pain and the burning sensation kept getting worse and it has been almost 4 days now.
the weird thing is i don't have a runny nose or post-nasal drip and my tonsils are fine.. but i have this burning and pain in my throat and there's redness on the soft palate on both sides.

could this be strep throat ? because i never had this kind of sore throat that lasted this long.

Old 05-07-2006, 02:15 PM   #2
(female)

desertRose17 HB User
Re: burning,pain and redness... is this strep ?

please reply, i need to know if this is a symptom of strep throat because if it is i will go to the ER now cuz it's very painful. but if not.. i don't think i should be going to the hospital at 1 AM for something that will go away by itself (hopefully)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2006, 03:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User

Sorry I can't help but maybe do a search on symptoms of strep throat. Do you have a temp? My bronchitis started with burning throat & after about 3
or 4 days I started running a temp, then got nasal congestion & bronchitis.
Good luck!

Old 05-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

arlmon18 HB User

You should see your doctor Monday, if you haven't already gone to the ER.

Old 05-09-2006, 09:46 AM   #5
(female)

desertRose17 HB User

thanks sammi2 for the reply, i don't have a cough or nasal congestion only the burning and irritation in my throat (no post-nasal drip either!) although i think my temperature was a little higher than usual on the fourth day, and yesterday i started to feel some pain in my ears but today i'm fine except the burning in my throat.
I checked the symptoms of strep throat but none of the symptoms match, that's why i want to know from people who had strep throat if these are early symptoms of strep throat. it has been 6 days since the burning started.

Old 05-14-2006, 06:23 PM   #6
(female)

desertRose17 HB User

Just wanted to say that i went to the hospital and the doctor took a look at my throat and said i have tonsillitis and he prescribed antibiotics.

Closed Thread