It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #1
(female)

liberty72 HB User
Question Ear pressure/fullness

I woke up this morning with this fullness (feeling like there is fluid in my ear) in my right ear. I havent been sick with any colds or sinus, so not sure what has caused this. It feels like when you go swimming and you get that water stuck in your ears and if you just lean your head over and shake it out. But that doesnt help me.... It is not water from bathing or showering.
And certain sounds bothers that ear now. It will feel like there is bubbling or vibrations going on in it, it is just discomforting. Not really any pain. It is very strange to say the least.
What could I do at home to relieve this pressure in the ear?? My mom suggests putting a little peroxide in it.

Any thoughts or advise would be appreciated.

Thanks..
Hollie

Old 05-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User
Re: Ear pressure/fullness

Proxide is cool! Maybe take a hot shower, drink some hot tea, and take some Sudadefed...that helps me, but more ofen than not, my ears are plugged because of some sinus problem!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2006, 05:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

arlmon18 HB User

I tried peroxide and it didn't help me - only made it feel more "fluidy". If it continues to bother you, see your doctor. I know how you feel, I've had fluid for almost 2 months now. Sometimes it feels better, then blocks up again. I've been to the ENT many times - gave me Nasonex spray. My fluid was because of a bad head cold, and I know it can take a long time to go away.

Old 05-10-2006, 06:18 AM   #4
(female)

liberty72 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlmon18
I tried peroxide and it didn't help me - only made it feel more "fluidy". If it continues to bother you, see your doctor. I know how you feel, I've had fluid for almost 2 months now. Sometimes it feels better, then blocks up again. I've been to the ENT many times - gave me Nasonex spray. My fluid was because of a bad head cold, and I know it can take a long time to go away.

Thanks ya'll!! I did try the peroxide last night, it really didn't offer much help though.
As for the sinus meds like the sudefed, I can not take any of those. I am very allergic to all those meds, I think cause they contain some pseudoephedrine.
But anyhow... this morning when I got up the fullness feeling is gone.
I have not had any colds or sinus problems lately so I dont really think that was my problem. I do, however, have a rare neurological disorder called Pseudotumor Cerebri, which is a long term for increased fluid on the brain. From what i am reading this ear thing could actually be linked to that disorder. Not sure though.
But thankfully it is better today.
Thanks again for your replies!!
Hollie

Closed Thread