It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2006, 03:16 AM   #1
(female)

Resident_wacko HB User
Is this just tonsilitus?

Hi ok I apologise in advance for the length of this. Also this is my first post and im very sleep deprived and on very strong painkillers which is making me feel...fluffy. Please bear with me.

Baisicly I have tonsilitus but when i went to the Dr's to get antibiotics for it I didnt tell her my other symptons fearing i would sound like a hypochondriac freak (which i am) so she just looked at me tonsils and prescribed me penicilen. Now im too sleep deprived too care and starting to panic as my exams are next week and i really really need to be well for them.
What I would like to know is are these symptons normal for tonsilitus? I have tonsilitus about once a year but its never been this bad before. Or do i have something else like glandualar fever? I really want advice so i can get it cleared up before the exams

I had a blood test about three weeks ago and that was fine so I doubt its anything serious if it is it would have to have developed in three weeks or not be picked up in a blood test.

My symptons (as well as the swollen tonsils covered in white/yellow pustules that are now starting to turn black) are as follows:

. Nausea and stomach pain
. Swollen glands
. Temepreature up and down and mild delirium (seeing flashing colours and the like)
. Chronic sleeplessness, for five nights now have not been able to sleep more then two hours
. Bruising, ive been in bed for about five days now and theses bruises are still appearing with no posisble cause
. aches and pains mostly concentrated in bone areas rather then muscles such as the back, shins, ribs, wrists, collar bone, and elbows. I also get these really intense shooting pains in random parts of me it feels exactly like when you have a broken limb and someone grabs it.
. Bladder pain
. Random dots on my hands they look exactly like pinpricks but under my skin they are red now but started off purple. My hands are very painful the pads especially (where the majority of the dots are). They're not noticable unless im cold then they stand out. I noticed these on Monday when my hands were swollen
. Headaches that feel like my skull is shrinking
. Tongue covered in a greyish yellow gloop that seems to be peeling.
. Very sensitive skin touching it feels like burning
. Pain when breathing
. Trouble walking due to very painful joints and bones

These symptons are not all at once or rather they are but the painkillers mean i can find them more bearable. Once the pain killers wear off im a shivering mass of incoherent pain. As i can only take the pain killers 4 times a day and im only sleeping two hours a night max this is not nice.

Any advice would be great I really wanted this sorted before exams. Baisicly am I being a hypochondriac and this is all normal for tonsilitus? This has been going on for about five days now, since Sunday but i vomited on Saturday but im not sure if that had anything to do with it.

I would really appreciate any sort of answer even if its "yes you are a hyperchondriac"

thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2006, 08:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

aswander HB Useraswander HB User
Re: Is this just tonsilitus?

You must go to the ER or to the doctor - now. These are ALL serious symptoms. Your strep throat may have been penicillin-resistent.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:35 PM   #3
(female)

wiltingflower HB User
Re: Is this just tonsilitus?

As the first reply states..get thee to a doctor. Sooner than later.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:14 AM   #4
(female)

beckieb1980 HB User
Smile Re: Is this just tonsilitus?

hi there sorry my reply is a long one too
firstly you are not a hypocondriac i have recuring bouts of tonsilitus at regular intervals throught out the year (for last 14 months ive had 7 bouts ) i have had exactly the same symptoms as you the last 3 times i had it it is a very virrilant strain which causes the tonsils to become septic and requires a massivly larger dose of penicillin taken for a lot longer than normaly given.
it is vitaly important that you get to your dr as soon as you can as this can and most likely will develop into septicimia (which can be fatal)if it doesnt get treated quickly enough i had this the first time mine went septic and was hospitalised because i was on holiday, i wasnt sure what to do about seeing a dr where i was and left it too long in the end going to the ER of the local hospital as i couldnt walk and felt so ill i thought i was dying.
sorry i hope i havnt scared you i just wanted to share my story in the hope it helps you in some way
so in a nutshell get to a dr as soon as u can.
ohh and just out of intrest these type of infections usualy attack you worst when you are feeling low or under stress i noticed you said about your exams so its possible that the worry has added to the tonsilitus allowing it to get a bigger hold on you even without you realising that you were particulaly stressed about them.
good luck with your exams and i hope you are on the road to recovery very soon
best wishes
beckie

Closed Thread