It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2006, 09:47 PM   #1
(female)

christine25 HB User
Red face Constant Mucus and Throat clearing.

I get thick sticky mucus, or Post nasal drip after eating drinking, exercising, putting on makeup or perfumes, anthing that stimulates my body. The mucus isnt so much a problem as is the pain that goes along with it.

If I dont hack up the phlegm I get facial swelling and pain in my face, jaw and cheeks and sometimes hands feet and eyes.

The headaches come on about 20 min after I eat and my jaw really hurts and cracks and the mucus starts flowing.

Its depressing and makes me feel less attractive.

I have tried many diets and pills and sprays and supplements.
I think that avoiding gluten and dairy helps a little bit.

Im still trying to find relief for myself, maybe there are some sort of emzymes I can take or somthing....

DOes anyone else have JAW pain or facial swelling, headaches with their mucus? Id really like to know.

I have already been evaluted for TMJ, hasnt helped.

I have had been treated for hashimotos in the past, but thyroid levels are normal now.

Anyone else have this problem????

Old 05-11-2006, 10:30 PM   #2
(male)

BUSTED2 HB User
Re: Constant Mucus and Throat clearing.

I think that you might have a sinus infection, especially when you say you have those headaches. What color does your mucus have? If it is green, yellow colored you might have a serious infection. If the mucus is clear or white-colored like milk it is usually a mild infection.

I have post nasal drip too because I spit out mucus every 3 min. which is usually clear, and sometimes white colored. I don't have any of the symptons you say you have but I'm guessing my sinus infection is very mild. The only thing that bothers me the most is that it causes me to have bad breath which I really hate. Do you suffer from it?

The best thing to do is visit an ENT and tell him everything. I think he/she should be able to help you if you find a good one.

Last edited by BUSTED2; 05-11-2006 at 10:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2006, 06:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

aswander HB Useraswander HB User

Christine,

I wrote a long post to you on the Chemical Sensitivity /Environmental Disorders Message Board.

Old 05-12-2006, 11:38 PM   #4
(female)

2catfans HB User

Sound like a good ENT visit might help.

Old 05-15-2006, 12:00 AM   #5
(female)

christine25 HB User

Thanks guys.

I have a great ENT,and I think I will go back to him here soon and have a chat.

He dx me with vasomoto rhinitis, which is what i have, but its one of those disorders that basically states the obvious in the name that sounds complicated,, vasomotor,,,rhinitis,,, or "runny nose, of unknown cause"
lol

He gave me astelin, nasal spray and humibid, its like prescription strength mucinex. Didnt help. He sent me to an allergist to have a RAST test done, and did a CT of my sinuses. Eveything was normal, and he said he wasnt supprised, he said that what ever this is causing the mucus its not sinuits and that he would help me try and find the right doctor... I thought that was nice, I said a psychitrist, and he laughed and said, ya thats it..

I had a toxic chemcial exposure to arsenic, before this happend so i think that something in my body may be reacting immune wise or thyroid wise, because the thyroid malfunctioned after i got poisoned, and also it may be due to oxidative damage, which is beyond the realm of an ENT,,,, i will go look at the post sent to me on environmental toxicity...

I wonder if there are any enviornmental doctors around or if there is such a thing? Im making things too complicated again, i think,,,,
im also studying to become a nurse and Im trying to fix myself too...

Im thinking about trying nexium to see if it helps...im scarred of the side effects, one of them are headaches and I already have excrutiating ones.

C

Last edited by christine25; 05-15-2006 at 12:05 AM.

Old 05-16-2006, 09:01 PM   #6
(female)

andvari HB User

i don't think this will help, although maybe it will.. i'm not sure.
for months (since nov) i've had issues with breathing.. and also i have had tons of mucous. before this, i was prone to many headaches/miograines.. ever since i was very young. i found a wonder drug (not really) but it pretty well cured me of my headaches.. i hadn't had one in months.. even in the most stressful times.. that said.. i haven't had headaches in months.. but now i've got really bad ones coming on.. and i feel like one giant mucous factory. i do however have tmj, which may be causing the jaw pain, but i do have headaches as well which go all the way to the back of my head down my neck kind of by where the spinal cord meets up around there. which aren't what my typical headaches consisted of. i think that this might be some sort of sinus headache as it's over my eyes as well, and i seem to have lots of mucous running down the bcak of my throat.. and nose gets all stuffed. i do as well have off and on tonsilitis with tonsil stones that are constant. i think that for myself this is a mix of sinus and tonsils.. and being run down. although you've got chemical exposure added to the mix and i really don't know of what that can do. you did get a ct scan done and that was normal so i'm not sure exactly what to say. i do know that everytime i've had xrays done to do with my jaw or face they've always commented on how stuffed up i looked. i even saw them.. just big blurs of black which look like holes in my head.. besides my eyes lol. anywhoo.. this probably did not help and sorry if it doesn't. i thought maybe (maybe!) it could. who knows.. bestof luck thuogh

Closed Thread