It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2006, 07:03 AM   #1
(female)

croppingmom HB User
Question Chiropractor and Ear Infections

Has anyone ever taken their child to the chiropractor for ear infections and did it work?

Old 05-12-2006, 11:36 PM   #2
(female)

2catfans HB User
Re: Chiropractor and Ear Infections

I don't think chiropractors can't prescribe prescriptions, if I remember my chiropractors answer to my question for pain medication for whiplash. I believe thy only use "natural" (herbal) products. I found this on. "Chiropractors are non-surgical doctors who do not prescribe medication. Chiropractic training teaches nutritional analysis and counseling, including recommending specific supplements or naturopathic or homeopathic preparations. A chiropractor may give a patient an exercise program (or tweak their current program to better serve their needs), fit a patient for braces or orthotics, do physical therapy, and will move the joints of the body where they have stopped moving. In some states, a chiropractor can perform acupuncture after proper training" at [url]http://209.15.46.229/foryourhealth/16.shtml[/url]. And this "Can chiropractors prescribe medication?

No, just like a primary care physician can't do dentistry, and a dentist can't adjust your neck, chiropractors specialize in hands-on drugless treatment; thus medication is not part of the schooling and we do not prescribe in the state of Vermont. We firmly believe that most patients need a primary care physician and thus we encourage you to work hand-in-hand with your own physician. If medication is needed we will usually phone your doctor and work directly with them to take care of your needs." at [url]http://www.willistonchiropractic.com/patient/faq.html#5[/url]. There is more info at [url]http://www.ask.com/web?q=can+a+chiropractor+prescribe+medic ation%3F&qsrc=0&o=312[/url]. Now mind that I'm in the USA. I'm not sure what country you're in. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread