It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
(male)

hp8 HB User
Now What. Back to Square One.

My results are in. Sinus x-rays all clear, doc doesn't see any infection. Allergists gave me allergy test - negative. Yet my nose remains stuffed up after a cold and constant pnd driving me crazy and making me sick.

So my doc is reaching for the stars today. Asked me if I was playing with a small object that I might have sniffed up my nose. Oh gee Doc. If I was stupid enough to do that, you think I ask you to try and remove it 3 months ago. Don't you think the object would have shown up in the sinus x-rays taken. "Okay then, maybe you just caught another cold and don't realize it could be giving you stuffed up nose." Well .... anything is possible. But this gotta be competing in the Guiness World records for the longest, non-sneezing, non-runny nose, non-coughing, no fever .... no Doc, I'm pretty 98% sure I don't have a cold right now. "Well its time to send you back to the first doc you went to concerning these symptoms." hmm. Where did I put the number to that ENT. The one that sent me out the door couple months ago, without an examination, and told me the sinus problems should go away on their own after a while.

Last edited by hp8; 05-16-2006 at 10:34 PM.

Old 05-16-2006, 09:12 PM   #2
(female)

andvari HB User
Re: Now What. Back to Square One.

lol... sorry to hear you're having so much trouble but you summed it up quite nicely!
what i'd suggest is to see another ENT, a different opinion. i found my ENT to be a bit weird and quacky but apparently he's the best... at being quiet. he might just win guiness for the most unanswered questions in one visit. anyway.. i think that's your best bet. if the doc didn't even examine you then he's not worth the time. i know they see all sorts coming through and are all-knowing and psychics but sometimes they seem to let that get to their heads and the result is a really crappy visit without any sort of idea of what's going on.
i once went into a clinic for a sore throat, no voice, puking my gutts out and sleeping literally 20 hours a day. the guy didn't even look down my throat.. he said "it's just a cold".. cold my a... i didn't have a runny nose, neither stuffed up.. i ended up going bakc to another doc a week later and he was surprised after what i told him about the other guy.
not to waste your time any longer.. i have been reading within this forum random threads. i've seen stuff about deviated septums and pnd..? have you looked into that at all? it's just another idea for you to look into. i'm not sure how they'd look at that to see if it's ok or not.. i tend to have a lot mucous running down the back of my throat as well.. i can even see a coating back there when i look which is real gross to see. i haven't brought this up with my doc (since he's just so damn attentive! lol) it hasn't really been a huge problem for me though.. it's just more of a nuissance than anything. now if that stuff turns out to be the real problem for me, then i suppose i'll just look into that.. although i seem to find a relation between tonsils and breathing for myself. i hope you find a better doc.. it can be frustrating..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2006, 10:32 PM   #3
(male)

hp8 HB User

Hi andvari,

Did you ever determine what was causing your pnd?

No I don't think I have a deviated septum. Never had sinus congestion problems before until my last cold. Can they see a deviated septum in an
x-ray?

Old 05-17-2006, 08:24 AM   #4
(female)

andvari HB User

as i said i only read about this over the forum so i dont know much about it other than the 2 seem to be linked. i havent looked into my pnd as of yet. waiting to see if tonsillectomy cures it all.

Closed Thread