It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2006, 04:29 PM   #1
(female)

selfadvocate HB User
Question Continuing ear problems ...

I've been experiencing a variety of ear symptoms for over 3 months. All symptoms pointed toward an ear infection EXCEPT there were no signs. Although fluid was seen, there was no "infection" to treat with an antibiotic. I was put on Guaifen, Prednisone, allergy pills and nasal spray with no relief. Two MDs did try antibiotics. The second trial was coupled with Allegra which caused increasing tinnitus.

I've seen two ENTs (one said TMJ so I went to my dentist who didn't agree). The second one said it's because I'm perimenopausal or due to reflux (at which time I had no symptoms).

Since then, I've developed reflux symptoms (probably due to the stress of my ear issues not being resolved) and an Upper GI confirmed the signs of GERD. However, I've been on meds for over a week with still no relief in my ear pain.

Two nurses of MDs I've seen have also dealt with similar issues and are getting nowhere, so there has to be more of us out there. Has this happened to you? Have you found relief?

My symptoms have ranged from ear pressure, vacuum sensation, hearing fluid when I bend my head either way (but no fluid is felt to the touch), to outright pain. This happens in BOTH ears along with tinnitus.

I can't get my MDs to do tests to rule things out or come up with what is causing this stuff. It is affecting my life--I've never had an ear infection before but ear pain affects your whole self since it's in your head and it's hard to focus on anything else.

Any ideas?

Last edited by selfadvocate; 05-22-2006 at 12:11 PM. Reason: title not attracting readers to help with the issue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread