It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
(female)

TheMamaLisa HB User
Thick mucous and sore throat

I have a histor of chronic sinusitis and had surgery last year. I was goo up until Feb when I got a sinus infection i just havent been able to get rid of all the way. I have a very grosse problem. I wear cpap at night and I have extemly thick mucous and snot. Well I have been having pain where it feels like my soft palat is "full" and I cant get the mucous out. This feeling has been daily for a few months, usually I can work the pressure out through hot shower but the fullness has been there about 10 days despite what I have done. Now I have has swollen glands in my neck that are making my throat sore but the glands themself dont hurt. You can see my tonsils are sticking out a bit and you can also see my adenoids back there. My uvula is red as well but I dont have a fever. Looks like a little timy whit dot on one of my tonsils but it is very small. Do you think this could be tonsillitis? I have been gargling with salt water but no reliefe.

Old 05-27-2006, 04:13 AM   #2
(female)

Anjjou72 HB User
Re: Thick mucous and sore throat

It could be tonsilitis, Strep, sinus infection or just a plain old viral infection. The best thing is to just get it checked out. Remember that some white spots can actually be mucous that has stuck to your throat, tonsils, etc. If you consume a lot of dairy, it would be best to cut down or cut it out completely for a while as it contributes to a lot of mucous production and congetstion. For months I dealt with excess mucous production and a constant phlegm wad feeling at the back of my throat, which in turn drained into my bronchial tubes and caused me all sorts of breathing problems. The Dr. had me eliminate dairy, and in two weeks the problem was gone! I was amazed, and although I love my dairy, I certainly love breathing and not gagging on phlegm a lot better! I am still off dairy but I have to admit that I do sneak in milk chocolate every once in a while. Some things I just can't part with! lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread