It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2006, 08:53 PM   #1
(female)

charitina HB User
Throat constriction - Is this LPR?

I have had Chronic throat constriction for almost four years now. It is undiagnosed though I have been to doctors. A year ago I started reading this site and my symptoms so much matched some of the ones of LPR sufferers.
I had the procedure done that put a tube down my throat and they saw nothing. I have had two ENT's look down my throat with their little tubes and saw nothing. I have had the 24hr probe done - nothing.
The last doctor I was to was very familiar with LPR - even knew that it required 2 PPI's a day. He said He did not think it was LPR - maybe my throat could be a little red but he said I have anxiety and prescribed a nerve pill. I find this diagnosis to be wrong because I am not a nervous person. This constriction is there 24 hours a day no matter what I do though it is much worse as the day progresses. I have been on aciphex twice a day for about a month and don't feel any better. I have not stuck real close to the GERD diet as I have never once felt acid in my throat. I do have throat clearing and know if I go to be with food in my stomach I have pain in my diaphram area in the morning which is relieved by a deep breath. But they say I have no hernia.
Is there anyone who could give me advice? Am I misdiagnosing myself?

Old 06-01-2006, 04:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

aswander HB Useraswander HB User
Re: Throat constriction - Is this LPR?

All the LPR talk is on the "Acid Reflux" board now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2006, 07:22 AM   #3
(female)

charitina HB User

How do I get on the Acid Reflux Board?

Old 06-01-2006, 08:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

aswander HB Useraswander HB User

The same way you found this board. They are all listed alphabetically. Acid Reflux is its own message board at healthboards.com. Got to healthboards.com. Click on the Message Boards tab, then scroll down to the Acid Reflux Board. It's near the top, because it's alphabetical.

Old 06-03-2006, 10:00 AM   #5
(female)

mskat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by charitina
I have had Chronic throat constriction for almost four years now. It is undiagnosed though I have been to doctors. A year ago I started reading this site and my symptoms so much matched some of the ones of LPR sufferers.
I had the procedure done that put a tube down my throat and they saw nothing. I have had two ENT's look down my throat with their little tubes and saw nothing. I have had the 24hr probe done - nothing.
The last doctor I was to was very familiar with LPR - even knew that it required 2 PPI's a day. He said He did not think it was LPR - maybe my throat could be a little red but he said I have anxiety and prescribed a nerve pill. I find this diagnosis to be wrong because I am not a nervous person. This constriction is there 24 hours a day no matter what I do though it is much worse as the day progresses. I have been on aciphex twice a day for about a month and don't feel any better. I have not stuck real close to the GERD diet as I have never once felt acid in my throat. I do have throat clearing and know if I go to be with food in my stomach I have pain in my diaphram area in the morning which is relieved by a deep breath. But they say I have no hernia.
Is there anyone who could give me advice? Am I misdiagnosing myself?

Closed Thread