It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

stevie_23 HB Userstevie_23 HB User
Blocked Ears! HELP!

I had my ears syringed today (you know, where they squirt strong jets of water into your ears?) as they'd been partially blocked for months and I eventually got tired of it.

The left one (which wasn't too bad) is fine and I can hear great through it, but the right one is still blocked, but now in a different and WORSE way! It feels HORRIBLE and I can't get rid of it.

It feels like whenever I walk or move my head at all, there's this heavy sort of echo-thud deep sound in my head/ear. Feels REALLY deep into my ear or head, not like it did before. No amount of tugging or pulling of my ear helps. I've tried a Q-tip, there's nothing in there, not even water. I've tried blowing my nose, blowing my ears holding my nose, yawning and burping, even sneezing! Nothing changes in the slightest, except when I yawn for a brief moment it's somewhat less blocked.

It sort of feels like there's water in there still, but it doesn't feel wet or anything...when I move my head from side to side I can feel something, like a heaviness that moves inside my ear/head.

I've had my ears syringed several times before and this has never happened. Usually my ears feel blocked by the water for a few minutes but then they'll quickly clear...this time it's just got worse in the 2 hours since having it done.

Anyone? I'm quite distressed about this. I waited so long to finally have it done and now this. I'm worried my ear drum is damaged in some way, though there is no pain. I just don't know why it's like this - apparently the ear was completely clear down to the ear drum...could liquid be trapped BEYOND the ear drum? It almost feels like that if that's even possible.

I feel like I'm not really here...like I can't balance or see properly. Whenever I talk or make a sound it feels really weird.

I HATE IT!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2006, 04:20 PM   #2
(male)

Stone0fFire HB User
What?

ttt

arent there pros that visit these forums?
i wasnt paying attention
it would be terrible if this were blind leading blind..

YES! blocked ears! yes, i have one too

WHAT?

yeah i was cleaning my ears w/ a q-tip
and there was all kinds of garbage in the right one
and finally 4 q-tips later its very muffled
no treble from right side

cant hear well at all

tired of asking people to repeat themselves.

what? huh? excuse me? pardon me? what did you say? come again?

HELP US

ttt

edit: how much does it cost to get one syringed?

Last edited by Stone0fFire; 06-06-2006 at 04:21 PM.

Old 06-06-2006, 05:07 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

stevie_23 HB Userstevie_23 HB User
Re: Blocked Ears! HELP!

It was free cause of my Medicare card (free medical thing in Australia).

I am going back today to see if they can fix it. THEY BETTER FIX IT, that's all I can say. I still can't hear. It's horrible. I think it's water cause whenever I bend down or move my head, I hear this crackling sort of scrunching of paper-type noise and also sort of a squelchy feeling. Ugh.

Closed Thread