It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2006, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

Pink4Flower HB User
Question Soft tapping sound/feel in ear?

I'm completely confused, and have searched with NO luck on google. For the past few days, and it usually seems to be in the mornings, I have been getting this soft tapping sound and feel in my left ear. Like there is something very softly tapping my eardrum or something like that. Does anyone have ANY idea what the heck could be causing it? It's annoying!

Old 06-08-2006, 11:33 AM   #2
(female)

Katiemach HB User
Re: Soft tapping sound/feel in ear?

I have that same sound in my ears. I have what they call meneirs disease. But the sound is made from fluid backup in my ear. You could just have some fluid in your ears. Some days are worse than others I hear it more at night because there is no background noise so I hear it better

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2006, 04:37 PM   #3
(female)

natchat HB User

I too have this tapping sound which I can feel near my eardrum. It comes and goes and I have had it for 6 weeks but I am having other problems with my ears. I can hear my eustachian tube opening when I swallow and I am getting pain in and around my ears. I have been to two ENT's and they cant suggest what is making this sound. Mine just taps once or twice every minute or so and then disappears for a few days only to come back. Is there anything that is triggering yours and how long do the episodes go for?

Old 06-11-2006, 04:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

I have these symptoms too and my ears checked out fine. It has to do with tmj for me I guess. Have a dentist check you for tmj.

Closed Thread